What is the solution to mines being dropped on stationary vehicles?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Madmojo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Vachek

Quite obvious you didn't read it all, or any of the previous posts. The fairly obvious point was it takes AV launchers multiple shots, tanks - multiple shots, ESF's - multiple shots, Libs - multiple shots, etc etc etc...yet an engie or LA can walk up to a sundy and nuke it in the tune of 1-2 seconds. Picking one line out of context without reading shows poor comprehension.

I simply suggest you learn to read before commenting on anyone else ever again.
  2. xbodyshot

Context? you made a very simply but laughably flawed comparison, then proceeded to make the EXACT same flawed comparison again in your reply, which I will once again state just so we are all clear.

- Ranged weapons take multiple shots (read: "longer") to kill a Sundy while Mines/C4 can do it "quicker", therefor mines/C4 are too powerful.

That fact that you do not understand WHY from a fundamental and very basic game design perspective weapons that require you to 'walk up' right next to a target should be significantly stronger and kill quicker than weapons you can fire from range is why I suggested no one bother with your posts. I KNOW it all doesn't make sense to you, that is why you have little to add to conversations.

Listen, just take some time and try to truly understand why Long/Close range weapon strengths are different (thinking about shotguns could help you here) and when you get to the point where that all clicks and why your previous arguments make no sense I will consider changing my recommendation about your thoughts to this community.
    • Up x 1
  3. Compass

5 mines per engineer. 2 mines per tank. Free mines.

4. Vachek

Apparently you didn't take my advice and read my posts, you again take a snippet out of context and make up in your head what im saying. So, i'll provide some pictures for you (sorry can't do pop-ups). This is a tank mine;
    [IMG]

This is a 155 shell
    [IMG]
    Two little mines should do more damage than 5 of the shells? The shells that have more than twice the charge? I understand your point quite clearly, you think because someone is running up and placing the explosive they should do more damage, why? Because its harder? Should I get more points for a headshot at 1m as opposed to 300m because I was closer? If you are saying it's because its harder should I get more points for a head shot at 300m as oppossed to 1m?

If you had read you would see I have provided the numbers from the game, showed that mineguard is far cheaper and effective than the other defenses, as well as other examples. Find one fair to good player that will tell you they CAN"T mine a sundy protected or otherwise, i'll find you 50 for each one that will show you how easy it is.

Are you really asking me to think about long/short range weapon with a shotgun as an example?? Do you have any clue the energy difference between a shotgun and a rifle anywhere near that range? The rifle has 10-15X the energy. I see you think
    Scatmaxes should be nerfed at close range, even though that same weapon is practically useless outside 20m, so they would be unbalanced? Funny how that works huh?

Edit: In case you look at the pics and don't read again, yes there are more shells than mines, not the point.
  5. xbodyshot

Citing the real-world size of mines and artillery shells in a computer game-play/balance discussion??? huh???

Also speaking of poor reading comprehension, my position on scatmaxes is not that they are not overpowered, but that shotguns should do less damage to MAXes which should be considered armored targets. Take another shot at reading it.

Alright... I just had that surreal out of body moment where I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or not. If you are trolling I solute you and your brilliance. The balance you struck between complete lunacy bathed in the guise of logic was simply perfect... regardless that is my cue to exit stage left.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vachek

Yes because obviously these game world objects are not based on real world things, we don't have mines, tanks, jets, shotguns, .... Of course the game is based upon real world principles and objects.

"Running around a corner and dying instantly to a HS-MAX sucks, but unlike Infantry... this should NEVER happen! " your words.
    o·ver·pow·er([IMG][IMG]v[IMG]r-pou[IMG][IMG]r)
    tr.v. o·ver·pow·ered, o·ver·pow·er·ing, o·ver·pow·ers
    1. To overcome or vanquish by superior force; subdue.
    2. To affect so strongly as to make helpless or ineffective; overwhelm.
    3. To supply with excessive mechanical power.
    Sadly I am completely serious, you think im trolling because you lack an open mind, or the ability to think something through. No, I'm not trolling, and im done talking to you.
  7. NoctD

Mine guard. Or stop leaving vehicles unattended. Saw a blockade armor sundy, ran towards it with AT mines, blown up by a Fury shot. That was a smart player doing sundys right.
  8. SinerAthin

I like this suggestion.

We can also make mines trigger on movement, being proximity and all, and for them to be possible to disarm. Mines can still be triggered by bullets and explosives.
  9. makrome

Everyone has a bus in his garage which releases an endless stream of infantrymen irl.

So, a single person parks one of those above mentioned busses and it pukes out soldiers at an alarming rate which will overrun the next base.
    Isn't overpowered at all and doesn't need a counter :/

try it sometimes