What is the purpose of the mini chaingun?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Robertooooo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. LownWolfe

The Phoenix isn't bad, just not great. The maneuvering is worse then a stock sundy so you can shoot around corners so much as make a wide arc around corners. They can be easily countered by moving 1 inch to the left or right or just simply shooting it. So if the tank driver or gunner is not tunnel visioned its not that great, better for hitting parked sundies from behind cover
  2. Blackinvictus

I don't hate the Pheonix. It can be useful in very very limited and specific situations,but never effectively by oneself. Two or three people working together hiding can wreck the hell out of things with it if the stars are aligned and the enemy snipers are asleep. Other than that, it feels about like a single armed burster trying to take on a Gal.
  3. lawn gnome

the lancer is the same way. 1 lancer = useless, but apparently if you get 3 to 4 in a very organized group they can start doing heavy damage. i just know i was having to work hard to fend off phoenix missiles from an ammo sunderer i was sitting next to with my skyguard, to the point that watching for aircraft was not really an option, and i believe there were only 2 guys.