What Is The Purpose Of The Buggy?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Flukeman62

What (in your opinion) do you think is the role that the buggy is meant to fill?
    I think it is a fast anti-tank vehicle made to hunt down sunderers and MBTs.
  2. Dragonblood

A vehicle to flank tanks.....but I predict it to be useless against tankzergs.
  3. SeasickSand

AA would do well too. Get the AA gun on it and a dual-burster max.. pretty fast too so you could escape rocket swarms coming your way...
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

I think they made it's role pretty clear when they named it "Harasser". Hit and run vehicle.
  5. Cinnamon

If you mean a single harasser will not be able to take on an armour column by itself like the fury/wraith flash or c4 flash then maybe you are right.
  6. Messaiga

Lol lets see about 10+ Harassers with Anti-Vehicle weapons on top and lock-on heavies in the back just flanking a whole group of tanks at 95+ KPH, we just need some damn turret stabilization!
  7. Flukeman62

yes and the prowlers meant to sneak up on people
  8. Flukeman62

yeah but that takes 30 peouple
  9. LightningWolfTigrBer

"Prowl
    Verb
    (of a person or animal) Move around (a place) in search of or as if in search of prey: "black bears prowl the canyons"."

Seems like a pretty accurate description to me.
  10. Flukeman62

but how does searching for prey correlate with the prowler?
    when something searches for prey it sneaks around to stop the prey seeing it and taking flight.
  11. ArcKnight

Dual Buster Transport System
    Getting players to spend SC/Certs on weapons
    Picking up hitchhikers
    Getting roadkill's
    To Reduce the number of tanks so player complaints about AV being OP with tanks will decrease
  12. Gustavo M

I'll use the Harasser as a "Multi-purpose stationary turret": drive, switch to gunner seat. Deliver pain. If something goes wrong, back to 1.
  13. Eclipson

A vehicle used exclusively for kicking *** and taking names.
  14. Zorro

I would say it is heavy cavalry, with the flash being light cavalry. It can withstand and dish out more punishment than a flash, but it is less nimble and is a larger target. It is generally more powerful individually, but takes more people to be effective in combat (2, instead of 1 [not counting rumble seats]).
  15. Fafnir

30 players, 2000 ground vehicle resources, lots of certs. Don't they deserve to have that much power?
    • Up x 1
  16. Lyel

I would take it as light assault and transport. Transport being the primary reason.
  17. thrikerr

Its role is to enter buildings because it can.

Also shield diffuser.
  18. SirChronus

Roadkills with the buggy are just stupidly easy and I hate it. I respawn next to an open field on Esamir. I got killed by an buggy (roadkill). A medic wanted to revive me and he got killed by the second buggy there. They killed the whole platoon, which was spawning there only by roadkills. Just make the armor weaker or take the roadkill ability away. This isn't the purpose of the buggy.
  19. Zorro

Buggies, as heavy cavalry, are designed to sweep and crash through enemy infantry. I would not say that the Harasser's strength in running over enemy troops is bad. Think of it this way: unlike the flash, it takes at least two people for the Harasser to use its weapons; however, this weakness can be compensated with better combat effectiveness.
  20. Killuminati C

It's role is to piss me off when I'm in AV turrets.