What is the point of this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RAWRimscary, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ironeddie

Point of the game is to have fun killing people & chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.
  2. Badname707

One player actually can have a pretty big impact and teams that work together can have a massive impact. As easy as, 'everyone go here!' leading is, even that is better (for pugs, at least) then no command at all. To come in with a platoon of people, regardless of skill level or coordination, makes a huge difference in a battle. The leader can be doing nothing more than just sending his men to the right places, and there is still a pretty large benefit to just that. The leaders who dole out objectives to individual squads, or calls out certain tasks he wants done is even more effective beyond that. Even a non-cohesive unit can have a huge impact, if they know what they're doing.

Speaking of leading, have you tried it before? It's not easy, and it already pulls you away from combat, which is something that can be hard to gauge when you're not participating in it. It's even harder finding 4-5 people who want to lead actively at any one time. The problem with this game is that it is fundamentally a team game, but there are few who are actually participating in and running them. When you've found the right team to play with, learn how to lead, and win battles because of your direction, you'll figure out what this game is all about. It makes up for everything else.

Yeah, we know. You can say the problem is SOE's, but the problem is really with other people. SOE could have added mechanics that pushed people into outfits, or made people talk more, or something, but that's all pointless conjecture. I don't know what they'd do, there is already plenty of stuff out there for you to find one. Joining an outfit is easy as hell, finding a good one can take a couple weeks, leading your own **** can be done at any time. People would just rather have the game handed to them.
  3. Llaf

My post was not meant to be defensive or over-enthusiastic.