What is the point of the Pulsr LSW and Polaris?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by S0LAR15, Aug 15, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

I've auraxium the Orion, SVA-88 and Flare, and they all seem very good and have really good niches. The Ursa is on it's way, and as an accurate medium to long range LMG it is fairly good (though imo, it should lose it's hipfire stats and gain a better horizontal recoil value, but anyway).

So those 4 seem fine to me you can clearly see each of them being best at something.

The Pulsar LSW and Polaris however seem to be borked both stat and attachment wise. The Attachments for both of them seem inverted, this is backed up by the descriptions being swapped as well. The polaris is simply in the comparison of these two, the better choice by a long way. It only loses a small amount of RoF to the LSW but gains a helluva lot, soft point, adv. laser, compensator, bigger mag, better ADS moving CoF, less recoil on First shot, smaller moving hip CoF, slightly better bullet velocity. all of which means you can adv. laser it for CQC, and do pretty decently, and put a grip and comp on it for range and in both instances have it outperform the LSW despite the slightly less RoF.

Even then the polaris is no match for the Orion in CQC, or the SVA at mid-range.

However if you made the LSW have the adv. laser and soft point (along with giving the hip fire CoF I assume it is supposed to have - 3.0). Then you would have a CQC beast akin to the MSW or Anchor, and the Polaris could be the high capacity all rounder (retaining the compensator).

Right now the LSW is like the SVA with a compensator built in, but worse stats in every other way.
    • Up x 3
  2. VanuSovereignty

The Orion should have the Advanced Laser, not the Polaris. The Polaris should have extended mags instead of the Ursa.

The LSW is there for new players to get a low cert cost-low attachment cost easy to use weapon.
  3. Kociboss

LSW/Polaris are not the only guns in the game which suffer from identity crisis. Same can be said about T32 Bull for example or current version of Cycler TRV (comparing it to TAR).

Some of the guns were put in this game "just because" I think.
  4. KnightCole

I scd the pulsar yesterday....wooo, that baby is nice.

No recoil at all...

Or else my time as nc has made recoil a nonfactor for me.

Pulsar has like 0 horizontal recoil.

Its a good one. My only item on it is a x2 optic.
  5. Serval

It used to have a better hipfire (the same as the TAR, I think) but they made it much worse and then implemented the TAR in the same patch.
  6. NiteJazz

Not only that, but the T32 Bull and T16 Rhino are the same.
    The rhino is just more accurate
  7. Kociboss

It always had the worst hipfire but it used to be much cheaper than TAR (250 to 1000), slightly more accurate here and there and it used to have better reload.

But coming back to LSW - At least it's a cheap alternative over Orion and gives you an opportunity to get yet another auraxium.
  8. Isokon

That's funny, because all NC LMGs have less or equal (EM1) horizontal recoil to any VS LMG.;)
  9. KnightCole

Lol but the pulsar and vs guuns in general have less vert recoil as well. I never used the em1 either.

Either way...pulsar is to easy for me haha.
  10. ickr

The Pulsar LSW is for me easier to handle then any of the other LMGs on the VS. I prefer to not have any attachments on it due to having to relearn the recoil and what not. I like the SV-88 but Something about the recoil gets me. I think it might be in what direction the recoil jumps (up to the right or up to the left). It is a preference thing is what I'm ultimately getting at. =p
  11. Nakar

They're not the same. The T32 has moving accuracy stats akin to the Polaris and NS-15M, the T16's are worse. The T32 also has better hipfire, access to SPA, a 2x Reflex Sight, and a Compensator. T16 has an Advanced Grip and better velocity, as well as more rounds in the magazine.
  12. Mxiter

SPA+ adv laser sight don't fits with compensator and 2x reflex on the T32. It would be on the T16. Maybe also with a magazine size exchange.

Some guns are like this.
  13. Erendil

The Pulsar certainly is easy to use when first picked up but it has a low skill cap so there's not much room for improvement. It seems to be the VS's attempt at making a TR-Style LMG (just like the Ursa and Flare are their attempts at an NC one).

Right now it's kind of a pointless weapon though. The SVA-88 has the same damage, RoF, and battery size (75) but is slightly better in almost every other category that matters (ADS moving CoF, Hipfire moving CoF, reload speed, muzzle velocity, net recoil directional pull). It also has that sweet .75x ADS movement whereas the LSW does not. In fact, the only advantage the LSW has over the SVA-88 is lower vertical recoil, but then the SVA-88 has access to the compensator which negates that advantage.

Even compared to the Orion it's just lacking. The Orion has the all of same advantages over it as the SVA-88, with the added bonus of a higher RoF/faster TTK in exchange for a smaller battery (50 shots vs 75). IMO people who buy the Pulsar are just throwing away certs and should instead learn to control the Orion's recoil and stick with it until they can buy the SVA-88.

The Polaris is in a similar boat. It was given the Adv Laser and has good hipfire accuracy even without attachments, but it has low vertical recoil and the 2nd lowest DPS, suggesting that it was designed more for longer range encounters since it doesn't have the damage output to excel at close range. But then its horizontal recoil is average as well (.2) so it's not really designed for long range either.

Some changes should probably be done to these two weapons since right now they're simply outclassed by the other VS LMGs. The OP's suggestions are as good as any and would at least give them roles to fill.
  14. Morpholine

For some reason, I found the Polaris easier to Auraxium than the SVA-88.

In my time using it, I'd say to avoid judging it based upon its available attachments. It's an all-arounder like the SVA-88, only with a slightly greater focus on hipfire capability over ADS performance. They're two ends of the good-everywhere spectrum.
  15. Mxiter

High vertical recoil added to higher ROF makes it harder to handle. (same issue with the Carv-S that trade 25 bullet/mag for bad accuracy and no ADS move mult bonus)
    • Up x 1
  16. Trysaeder

Been using both of them since the beginning. I don't see a problem with either of them, except it's strange for a 650 rpm weapon to get an ALS instead of AFG.
  17. bogroll

Don't forget your DFL and BLT mate.
  18. bogroll

OK.. stupid reply so forgive please. I certed into the Polaris ages back and refused to change solely because I'd 'put certs into it'. Bought the SVA-88 very recently, and quite frankly it's the better gun. TR and NC drop quicker - that's proof enuff,
  19. Navus

I recently bought the polaris for the adv laser sight and 100 round clip to use hip firing in cqc. The recoil on it also makes it easier to use longer range. I stil lthin kthe sv 88 is better overall still but this has its place imo
  20. lilleAllan

I agree, it's probably my favorite LMG due to its versatility. I just run it with a foregrip and ironsights on my vanu alt. Performs well in all situations and love the extra mag size compared to Orion.