what is the best weapon

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by hellblazer, Jan 5, 2024.

1. hellblazer

hello, I play NC and I was wondering what do you think is the best weapon for heavy assault?
  2. Liewec123

It depends what you have in mind!

Jackhammer will be your best CQC option, and best thing if you want to be punching in to rooms
    If you want close/mid range then Anchor might be the best option
    For a longer range LMGs the classic SAW or SAW-S are both good options
    For very long ranges Warden and Bishop are both great options.
    :)

If I had to pick a best weapon personally it'd be Jackhammer, it is the King of all Shotguns!
  3. GreyGun

There was a time when a Heavy with an SMG was considered cheating. :) But as with all classes: The default weapons are pretty versatile and well balanced IMHO.

Personally I never got the hang of the SAW with it's huge magazine but awfull long reload times. But I am more of an Engi / Light Assault Player anyway - hitting reload quite often is buried deep in my muscle memory - and the SAW punishes that.

Anchor is a nice weapon, I use it often. But for me the Promise is something like the ultimate "this-feels-really-good" weapon. I don't think I get many kills with it - but it's a lot of fun! I even use it for light AA duty.

@Liewec123: Thanks for reminding me of the Jackhammer - I will give it another try when Ceres is back up...
  4. TR5L4Y3R

GD 22s (default), Gausssaw even with its last nerf, EM6 are all considered good weapons in their area and playstyle ..

some swear by the Anchor ...

personaly i play firesupport with the EM1 its cheap, has a big mag and is much more controlable than the SAW, but is more for people that play defensive
  5. KhlorosTesero

Gausssaw and EM6 are your best weapons IMO.
    DG22 is pretty decent as well.

Promise is good only in a situation where you are camping and the enemy is running into a kill zone, other wise its poop.

Avoid the jackhammer, its garbo since the nerf it got.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

the 3x burst mode is awful now yup, but using the normal mode is still great,
    you basically have a big shotgun with 18 rounds. (assuming you take extended mag, and there is no reason not too.)
    you can clear rooms with it!
  7. Effect

NC has lots of good to decent choices, the only LMG I'd actively recommend avoiding is the EM1.

SAW/GODSAW is the best all-rounder LMG in the game, but the Anchor and EM6 aren't far behind it and are very competitive. While not quite in the same tier, the GD-22S and the SAW-S are good. The Promise get's overrated by many people but it's a decent weapon especially for newer/less-skilled players.