What is the 2/40 on my AT Mines?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Brainiac88, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Brainiac88

My AT Mines count are 2/40, but i don't know what is the "/40", since I auto resupply, I tried manual resupply and nothing, the "/40" is always there, could someone explain for a month aged noob engie bro?
  2. Compass

40 means maximum capacity you hold. Auto-resupply automatically uses infantry points to stock up if you run out.
    2/40 = You have 2 mines available out of a maximum of 40.

A fully filled Mine Supply is 40/40.
  3. Brainiac88

Hum... Got it! :3 ty
  4. Acierocolotl

Actually, that other advice is wrong.

The two is how many mines you're carrying at the moment. The 40 is your total stock of mines. If you drop mines, your counts will decrease, both carried and stock. Resupplying at a terminal will restore your carried mines, purchasing new mines with resources fills your stock total.

So to summarize: It's X/Y, where
    X is how many you're carrying at the moment, and
    Y is how many you've got prepurchased.
  5. Boomschtick

See what happens when you bring math into this... you make **** confusing. X is what you currently have, Y is the total you can have stockpiled at any given time. Using mines in battle decreases X, Y never changes. X is only replenished when you "resupply" in a Load Out screen. If the OP is 2/40 then he has no stockpile. Like Compass said, if you are 40/40 you are completely stocked up and can purchase no more mines... now use Infantry Resources for different mines, 'nades, or Health Packs until everything is 40/40.

Also, I've yet to see Auto Replenish work properly. I have to manually go into a Load Out and top off my stockpile when I remember to.
  6. Xasapis

The auto replenish only kicks in when your stocks is zero. Then it auto purchases the amount of explosives you can carry.
  7. Nerpax

It actually depends on which screen you are looking at.
    If you look at it in the loadout screen, it is like Acierocolotl said. If you then go to the screen where you can buy more of that utility stuff, it shows you the current amount you have and the absolute maximum you can have (which is 40 for mines and pretty much all utility stuff and Grenades i think), which is like Compass said.
  8. CommodoreFrank

I really wish there was a version of auto resupply that would just keep you maxed out. I like having a stock for those times you run out of infantry resources. But heck, I guess you can always just go fight at a biolab for a few minutes to get them back.