What is S LMG for VS?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by NCstandsforNukaCola, Nov 21, 2014.

1. NCstandsforNukaCola

There are CARV S and SAW S
    but there is no gun named Pulsar LSW S or Orion S.
    My guess is that Polaris is the equivalent one but I'm not sure.

Any idea?
  2. Shanther

SVA-88 and the Polaris.
  3. NCstandsforNukaCola

But SVA-88 lacks SPA, you know?
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Flare is really the only one since it's the only VS LMG that has access to both HVA and SPA although you should never use HVA on any LMG.

I would actually say we don't have an S LMG though, but the Polaris and Flare being the only VS LMG's with access to SPA would be the closest things to other empires S LMG's and I personally still use them both along with the Betelgeuse in my loadouts.
  5. KnightCole

Lol, maybe the VS dont get an S gun, as S stands for S hit
  6. nehylen

'S' LMGs are marked by their attachments choice, so it has to be the Flare, which is a SAW S downgrade overall. Name-wise the only 'S' is the carbine (Solstice SF) anyway: the AR doesn't bear any 'S' name either.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Solstice SF, Equinox, Flare.
    Why of all things a 167 dmg model is the S version is beyond me. It's a terrible gun, btw.
    Polaris would be a bit more typical, though no HVA if you're into that.
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

LMG balance is weird for VS anyway. Orion is great, SVA close second, and then we have lot of below-average and subpar weapons.

take Flare and Ursa for example: they are solid but terrible compared to other factions' 167dmg-LMGs. then again, both Flare and Ursa are the only ones with extended magazines. why them?o_O in comparison, CARV-S fires at 698rpm and has access to 200-rounds via extended magazines. that means you're much more likely to use it as a midrange beast that spits bullets like no tomorrow. meanwhile, VS can only use extended magazines on longrange LMGs Ursa/Flare? that's illogical because extended magazines are for situations where you're better off not having to reload, say, in closequarters. but at longrange, there's no reason to use extended magazines.

or am i missing something? (feel free to criticize my post)
  9. KnightCole

thats just how SoE likes to do it....

Short range weapons get attachments geared for long range, and slow reloads.

Long range weapons get fast reloads and attachments better for close in......

They call it balance....I call it stupid ****....