What is going on with the damage of the hornet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Irlogia, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Irlogia

The hornet missiles are listed to have a damage of 2000, so why does it take far more of these to destroy a vehicle than supernova FPC shots, which are supposed to do 1865 dmg?
  2. Kristan

Maybe different armor resistance value?
  3. Irlogia

If you mean the varying armor on different sides of vehicles, then i tested it by shooting only at the same spot, the back.
  4. Kristan

I mean every AV weapon has it's... lets call it "piercing" capability to every kind of armor. Depending on armor the piercing capability varies. For example Supernova does 100% damage to the MBT armor, while Hornets might do only 80% damage to MBT armor.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

He means the different armor and damage types. In case you didn't know, the damage listed is against infantry and can be almost discarded when it comes to anything else since the received damage is heavily modified by the hidden numbers of damage types and armor types.
    • Up x 2
  6. FateJH

Here are the resistance tables.

In the second table, positive percentages are resistances and negative percentages are bonus damage. The easiest way to perform this calculation for both tables is to divide by 100 and subtract from one, then multiply both by normal damage per shot to get the modified damage per shot.
    You also need to know which weapon projects what damage type (for resistance). The table has a hover tooltip on the first column; but, Hornets are not explicitly listed. As far as we know, they use the damage category Rocket Pods.
  7. Yuki10

And that's where the ******** lies. Who needs those stats if they are not representative of actual damage? Ever description needs to be adjusted to reflect minimum possible damage or list all damage types. Otherwise its pointless. I agree that using hornets with their listed damage is very incongruent - you can shoot 2-times the amount of AP tank shells against a target and not kill it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pikachu

True but SOE was too dumb. :) There is still no info in the game about phoenix missile being possible to shoot down.
  9. Mxiter

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance

Simple: hornets deal 2000 damage per rockets => 4000 damages per slavo donno MBT resistances to it.(not noticed on data) Certainly between 0 and -10%.

Supernova FPC deals 1865 damage with -15% resistances (AP shells) = 2144 damages.

And that's without considering that hornets can hit way more often form the back, considering it's mobility, at least with the first slavo.
  10. Yuki10

i dont think the clowns could fix it