[BUG] what is battleye?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ferlinco, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ferlinco

i had error said that file was block and i can't play for a week... can someone help me?
  2. Towie

What exactly was the error message you received ?

BE is an anti-cheat system that prevents various methods used by hack writers to inject their code (cheats) when it is running. It can also search your memory - even your hard drive - for any known cheats.

It will prevent certain things from loading immediately - eg. a DLL - and on these files it tells you what has been blocked.

BUT - i've never heard of anyone being banned for a week ? What file did it find exactly ?
  3. ferlinco

21:16:34: Starting BattlEye Service...

21:16:36: Launching game...
    21:21:01: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
    21:21:01: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll".
  4. ferlinco

after this a pop up with the following error msg: insufficient system resources exist to complete the request service.
  5. Beerbeerbeer

You may have malware or a virus. I'm just guessing here, but I'm not sure if BE can tell difference between a cheat and a virus, as both will modify files to inject and you may have a nasty, hidden virus that does just that.

Or, you're a cheater.
  6. AtckAtck

ieframe.dll is a normal part of the Microsoft Internet Explorer and shouldn't be interfering with battleeye in any way.
    Also file blocks are not inherently a problem. (Still, check you pc for malware/rootkits. Just to be sure.)
    So if the game tells you you got banned, then it detected a cheat running.
    Battleeye itself does not ban automatically, as far as i know. It forges reports send to the developers, and they decide if to ban or not. Contact the support.
  7. ferlinco

too much hassle to open a ticket... i will try to to logon after next update.
  8. FateJH

ieframe.dll is a standard Windows installation file used by the Internet Explorer browser. Even Windows 10 still has IE even after the adoption of Edge; but, you have to manually access it. I don't know if it uses the exact same file structure as previous Windows versions (or what Windows version you have). Make sure to run Windows Update and, if it continues to be blocked, perform virus scanning.

Edit: also, note that entry about ignored file blocks. ieframe.dll might just be a red herring that only looks like an actual problem when it really isn't.

The "insufficient system resources" one I don't know. There is this October-ish bug tracked that i know about but no progress has been made on it and the reporter seems to believe it is caused specifically on his make of OS. The reporter can also just about coax his game to the character select screen but you can't even get to starting the PlanetSide executable.

The Windows event log might have more information about which specific service ran out of resources.
  9. Towie

10. ferlinco

FateJH and Towie, many thanks for your advise and helps, the laptop had run thru a scan by antivirus and malwarebyte, nothing found, as I said I will logon after next update… planetside2 hate Windows 10
  11. breeje

He can't play for 'one' week
    To me it sounds like a temporary ban for something he did
    Maybe BE is working after all
  12. ObiVanuKenobi

I have windows 10 and ieframe.dll in the same folder but i can launch the game without any issues, pretty sure you got a virus.
    Scan that file here https://www.virustotal.com/ this site uses multiple avs.
  13. ferlinco

Got the problem fix… avg was the main problem… service unable to stop, everything back to normal after uninstall avg using the removal tools. Thanks everyone for ur helps.
    • Up x 1