What Implants to use as Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Prudentia, May 26, 2014.

1. Prudentia

So i figured there are 3 Main choices that make sense:
    Safe Landing
    Sensor shield
    Regeneration

Safe Landing may sound redundant (i haz Jumpjets duh) i had lots of fun with it. the 2 Main advantages it provides are:
    -saving JJfuel
    -falling faster (aka not needing to slow down)
    Flying onto a building and just walking off it with a Pumpaction and killing a bunch of guys before i fly away is just perfect.

Sensor shield, the obvious choice for the flanking Light Assault in dartspammed areas.

Regeneration, perfect to operate independent and to save on medkits while C4'ing vehicles

honorable mention: enhanced targeting, for knowing how much C4 you need/when to blow up to steal the kill.

what do you guys use/think?
  2. NDroid

I'm currently using Regeneration T3 and will probably continue to do so. Being able to recover health and still keep your C4 is great.
  3. Wobulator

Regeneration T1; I don't use ASC and by the time my shields have fully regened, my health is close enough with just T1
  4. DeadliestMoon

Safe landing may sound redundant but realistically how often do you find yourself running out of fuel while in mid-air.
  5. Sandpants

The thingy that tells you you've been spotted.
    • Up x 1
  6. Iridar51

Not sure about sensor shield. Higher ranks of motion spotter - the deployable detection device - detect you before you get close enough to see them on the minimap, and they're not so obvious as detect darts.

So you wouldn't know when to stop sprinting and start walking. Also, prohibits the use of the jet pack, probably.

Marker also should be useful, for stealth builds that kill targets at 10-20m.

Regeneration is probably the most effective and versatile one.

Haven't really though about it, as I'm currently just accumulating implants, as well as kinda have given up on Light Assault in favor of combat medic. Got tired of playing underpowered class.
  7. Corezer

You sound like me, iridar... Gotta try out the reaper on NC, thing is beast and even stands up against infiltrators with a 3 or 4x scope.

On topic, best I've found is battle hardened surprisingly.

Even with Regeneration, there aren't many instances where my HP gets chipped, I don't have medkits, and then my HP gets hit again for more than the amount remaining before I started regenerating. I hear that if you don't have biolab benefit it lets you take that one extra bullet (since you regenerate through that) That's only really useful in ECQC where you can be certain that weapons will inflict exactly enough damage to kill you. Once you get to 11 or 16m (or get shot in the leg) you get that extra shot anyway and the next one will eclipse any regen.

Safe landing is nice because like what has been said in the OP, it lets you move faster not needing to feather landings as much, and start saving fuel for your next jump earlier. I would consider this the next best for sure.

Spotting reduction still lets you get spotted, so while it can help it leaves the majority of the problem (a red triangle showing up in a sea of blue on enemy maps doesn't need duration, you will be hunted down from there)

sensor shield still makes you stop sprinting. you don't have to crouch walk but either way if you have to make a quick dash you get put on radar and if for whatever reason you don't notice the motion spotter you will most likely be sprinting, 90% of LA movement is done at sprint speed (jet pack counts here)

Battle hardened virtually eliminates one of my biggest problems though; random tank fire and explosions shaking my screen and causing my position to be compromised because someone got away. the elimination of flinch also puts you at an advantage in combat. Especially as someone who goes ADS after 7m or so, the advantages are very big.
  8. Bankrotas

Well, I guess, unlike you, I end up in many instances, where I win a fight with sliver of hp left and stay at red bar with full shield, no medics around, behind enemy lines only shield to help me. For me, regen would be invaluable, if I ever bothered with implants.
  9. Corezer

Don't forget to add that you're not using medkits. Thanks for displaying my point; the number of circumstances you need to compile to make regeneration useful is so great that you can't even remember them all!

If you are getting into face to face shootouts you barely win so often, you may want to give heavy a try.