What if... !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Apr 23, 2014.

1. SinerAthin

What if the old Vanu were killed by their own technology?!

I mean, think about it.

Just as the Terran Republic, New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty hooked up all their personnel to the warpgates and the system to become artificially immortal - so too did the ancient Vanu.

But as their essence congealed with the great machines and became a part of them, a bug or unintended data sequence occurred which triggered the deletion of the Vanu data, and thus the Vanu themselves, erasing them straight out of existence and leaving only their structures behind!

And it could happen again!

What if we all are on the clock of oblivion, as the nanites that reconstruct us when we die could suddenly and without warning spontaneously discharge and disseminate as our memory was permanently deleted, and Auraxis once again turned into a sterile graveyard without as much as a scream?! :eek:
    • Up x 8
  2. NinjaTurtle

What if....!

You've been sent here with this crazy story by the dirty Terrans to distract us from their master plan of stealing our spandex.

SPY! TRAITOR!

Praise Queen Vanu
    • Up x 4
  3. z1967

...there were no longer cliff hangers allowed in titles.

Still an interesting concept with extinction by technology. I mean, Windows 8 decides to crap itself every other time I boot it up so this is perfectly feasible. And it is also why I am not afraid of "Skynet" like networks. Probably would crash after a week or something :|
    • Up x 1
  4. Phyr

So...Halo?
    • Up x 3
  5. Paragon Exile

I think this is the main gripe with the Vanu Sovereignty; their obsession with imitating and improving on the ancient technology could very well doom civilization.

Conversely, the NC have the backing of the shady corporations that could silently enslave everyone, while the TR could easily become (more) tyrannical. These things are here to balance the sides out and make them shades of grey, instead of the black-white of the first game, where the NC were obviously the good guys, the TR were obviously the bad guys, and the VS were obviously being controlled by the Vanu.

Eh, whatever.
    • Up x 2
  6. Aegie

Ever play planetside?
    [IMG]

Ever play planetside on weed?
    • Up x 1
  7. gigastar

What if...

....Higgles didnt try to bring PS2 to MLG.
    • Up x 4
  8. KnightCole

But....Vanu isnt a queen...papa vanu...he sounds very much like a guy. Unless its another trick by the vanu with some voice editing.
  9. KnightCole

And holy hell is that image in ur sig funny as heck.

Pretty much me every time I go into a big *** fight.....
    • Up x 1
  10. The Rogue Wolf

If the nanites killed us all off, then how would they entertain themselves with stories of crushing people with debris or rolling Flashes down a mountain?
    • Up x 1
  11. Paperlamp

Similar to the original Mass Effect ending plot, before they butchered the series with starchild.
  12. Sagabyte

Lolwut best theory I've heard ever

SOE could end the planetside 2 support with a final event like that in the future :D
  13. Crayv

One theory a friend of mine had is what if the Auraxis is actually a prison? Not for individuals but for entire empires/species? After all what better way to keep something locked away than to keep it stuck into an eternal war. No need for jailers for those locked away have no desire to escape and are entirely focused on winning a war that cannot be won.
  14. CardinaI

They probably all got teamkilled by their magriders
  15. Caserion

My headcanon is still this:

The aliens, whatever they are, created this planet and it's nanites as a spectacle. They lured the humans of Earth to the planet, and closed the wormhole behind them. They slowly escalated this war, and are now watching for their own enjoyment as we are jumping at each other's throath, dying and killing each other over and over again...

The employees of Nanites corporations are the aliens (or their servants) fueling the war and supplying the troops with new and more fun ways to let the humans kill each other while screaming for nerfs and buffs.

They are laughing at us, for their own enjoyment we are killing each other. I have a special name for these aliens... Developers!

I figured you out Higby, you aren't here for the smedbucks or the fame, but for our tears. It explaisn all these stupid decisions and instabilities! CURSE YOU!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. stalkish

When i watched the Man of Steel film a few months back the crypton people reminded me of the vanu.
  17. Stormsinger

From
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore

The “Accident”

The meeting took place, but what exactly was discussed—or whether a settlement had perhaps been made—was never found out. As Mission Commander Connery and the other participants prepared to disembark the Discovery-7, a massive explosion tore through the ship and killed all 592 people aboard.
    ________

Following the loss of half their fleet, order was slowly being restored, and peace talks between the TR and the NC were juuuust starting to get started, and then the above happened.
    It appears as though not only did the aliens strand the fleet, they infiltrated it as well. Given that the Vanu Sovereignty had yet to form, and the NC was still in it's larval insurgency stage... my guess is that the alien replaced someone in a position of power, most likely in the TR high command.
    Once on Auraxis, following the brief period of peace... the Alien tech that eventually gave rise to respawn and nanite technology was spoonfed to what would be the Vanu's top scientists, ensuring a prolonged, entertaining battle to come.
    After sowing seeds of rebellion, aiding the insurgency, and ensuring the distribution of immortality technology, the Alien (Or perhaps Aliens) continue to sabotage weapon designs within each faction, ensuring that one gains no real advantage over another, at least not for long. Occasionally, the Alien will take the shape of any given member of any of the three factions, sowing seeds of distrust by means of sabotage, destroying personnel and infantry alike.

Who is this alien, you ask? What are his goals, and to whom does he swear his allegiance? No one knows for sure. Legends of this phantom have been circulating for centuries...
    Spoken of only in whispers, and rarely among any of even the most trusted leadership... They are known only as...

The Fourth Faction.

(Yes, I just wrote lore on Faction swappers / TKers :p )
    • Up x 1
  18. DevDevBooday

I would be ok with everyone dying because TR are the only faction back in our solar system (with subservient NC) so it would only be NC and VS that would be truly eradicated.
  19. Stormsinger

The TR is TR in name only, they dont even resemble the Terran Republic from earth. The NC were businessmen, so they arent really NC either...

Only the Vanu would survive, thanks to Henry Briggs, who shared his discovery of the original Vanu artifacts with those that remained earth. Although he did suck at reverse engineering, his server cant even stay up.

Find Enlightenment!
    • Up x 1
  20. DevDevBooday

If the nasty corrupt TR die off and the good TR on earth survive, thats still a TR victory in my books.

NC is NC because they are the business people and mercenaries and companies that form the conglomerate (you think Auraxis Firearms is an earth based firm?)

Vanu would NOT survive since their over dependence on the rebirthing chambers would eradicate them all if they went wrong. Also Henry Briggs COMMITTED SUICIDE when he found the second Vanu artifact (and i dont think he did it because it was good news).
    • Up x 1