What if we just get rid of Infiltrators?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by James Seth Lynch, Feb 5, 2013.

1. James Seth Lynch

Infiltrators seem to be the main thing that SOE are having a problem with. They keep breaking/nerfing cloak to the point where infiltrating is a joke and Light Assault are better at sneaking and lack team utility so here is an idea:

Remove the Infiltrator and give Light Assaults Hacking and sniper rifles. Completely drop cloak.

Thoughts?
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

People will hate the decision, almost nobody will be happier than they were before, and the very fact that the Infiltrator used to exist will be used against SOE until the day this game dies.
    • Up x 1
  3. tugernut

lately i find infiltrator the only class fun to play when im not flying
  4. Amouris

A team of infiltrators is on the way to your house.
    • Up x 1
  5. nkenny

What Dr. Euthanasia said. In terms of small unit tactics, base capture, and Sunderside2? It would become considerable more safe to remain static while shooting rocket launchers; the rest would stay pretty much the same. Infiltrators as a whole tend to have marginal impact on the battle.

-k
  6. Bloodmyth

and remember more classes = more revenue for SOE so I can't see that happening, but I'd love an LA with sniper rifle, imagine the cries of thousands as they die from snipers who are always hiding in the hardest to reach places :)
  7. ArcKnight

also Medics & Engineers won't have to worry about being killed by a single bullet while Healing&rezzing/repairing
  8. ArcKnight

Keep the infiltrator

I like playing infiltrators because I can kill someone who hiding somewhere they thing is safe and they aren't can't kill me since I'm a bit far out of their firing range ( if they come after me i can always get on my kobolt flash :p its actually quite funny they chase me and in the end I'm chasing them )
  9. James Seth Lynch

For the record I was just posting this here as the idea came to me to add some food for thought as I personally dont play either Light Assault or Infiltrator. Subtly isn't my strong suit but I figured I should still toss the idea around.