What if..."No HA day" ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by customer548, Nov 14, 2015.

1. customer548

*So many HA threads...*

So, let's say that all factions factories can't supply for HA gear during a single day.
    By chance, all Empires have a reasonable rocket launchers stock in order to provide those to the other infantry classes. In order to get rid of Ground and Air threats. For sure, all classes wouldn't be able to carry a rocket launcher. Infi or LA wouldn't be able to, as an example.

What would happen ? Would the game suddenly become unplayable because there wouldn't be any HA to fulfill AV, AA and frontline tasks ?
  2. Ximi

The infiltrators have their way clear for do what they want...the mortal enemy of every infiltrator is a HA,at least for me.
  3. Tatwi

What if?

Tears. Oceans and oceans of tears. That's "what if".
  4. customer548

I'd say "Reasonable, free and open-minded exchange of ideas" but your own contribution is still welcome.
  5. Liewec123

i'd spend the entire day in a tank or liberator farming infantry with impunity. ;)
  6. Ximi

Or farm planes with C4 kills :D
    • Up x 1
  7. customer548

8. customer548

Flak Armors, C4, AV mines, AV turrets would still be here. Rocket launchers would be also, but would be carried with non Infi or LA classes for obvious reasons.

Would the game be unplayable ?
  9. Pikachu

People have suggested special rules days before.
  10. DirArtillerySupport

What if no Boba day? I mean....stairs..and walls!?
  11. Boosted

What if no SMG for Infiltrator?
  12. customer548

SMGs can be carried by each classes.

Would the game be unplayable ?
  13. Liewec123

so you've removed heavies but you've given the flying guys rocket launchers? XD
    • Up x 1
  14. Obscura

Well a day wouldn't prove much, if it were 2 weeks to a month the whining would probably be just passed down to MAX and or light assault. Vehicle wh*res would gather in the streets and rejoice, and my in game name becomes ironic :( lol
  15. customer548

No. Rocket launchers could be carried by all classes except Infi or LA.
  16. Obscura

So engineers get rockets, av turret, and tank mines?:confused:

Infil and LA would have to get the HA shield then lol, catch is both can only use secondaries with shield
  17. customer548

No shield included. Did you ever see any Infi or LA or any other class with any HA shield ?

Would the game become unplayable because of no HA ?
    The most common argument about HAs and their shield is "You need HAs for frontline fights and for getting rid of vehicules."
    Obviously, all of the other classes would be able to fufill those tasks if some of them would be able to get access to the right tools in order to fight vehicules.
    Teamplay would be enhanced and all players would be able to fight each other with a common Hp pool (except Infis, which is fine) without any extra shield.
    Maxes are nothing but giant Pinatas, and cost ressources.
  18. Obscura

Yes, lets simplify the game even more. Because who needs an extra class or feature or any of that "depth" in a video game!
  19. customer548

Aren't you the one usually promoting teamplay ?
  20. TheFlamingLemon

I think it would be great to have all infantry play equal roles in infantry gameplay, but we would need a class to fill the roles of AA with rocket launchers, and new ones such as suppression and "explosives expert." Also, give the new class a shield like the NC Max's that can guard allies, but just for 2500 damage. Also, give it an option between one of three deployables. One that cloaks friendlies inside in a way similar to the cloaking sunderer, one that gives players inside of it a 10% damage bonus, and one that gives inside players a 10% damage taken reduction. These shields would not stack with themselves, so nothing like a 100% damage taken reduction could happen, but each could be active at once. Also, these would either be carried like a deployable, with a limited number able to be carried per life, or have a long cooldown (upwards of 30 seconds).

Of course, I'm just speculating what I think would be interesting. Really, anything that shifts HA's role away from killing all infantry into something that is more balanced between the classes is great.

If you're wondering why I think Heavy needs a change, it's that heavy assault has an advantage in-combat. It has 700 or so more health than other classes. All the other classes, besides medic, have pre-combat advantages. LA flanks before a fight, so does infiltrator, and engi sets up defenses beforehand as well. With the change, heavy's advantage would also come from before a fight. It would set up a defense in a way that requires planning. Also, if this change took place, medic's ability to self-heal should have a delay after being shot before it lets the player heal himself. This time would get smaller as the ability is upgraded but would start at about 2 seconds and end around .5 sec.

Overall, I think this would improve gameplay as it would make more classes viable in infantryside, so there's more access to variety while still enjoying the game and accomplishing the same things, killing enemies and taking points, but in different ways.

Disclaimer: I didn't proofread this so things may be written fairly poorly