What has happened to this subforum???

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Mustarde

Every other thread is a [Suggestion], with some hilariously bad ideas about how to either make infiltrators overpowered or make what we can currently do much easier than it already is. Looking at the list of posts is near un-readable and makes me want to close it altogether.

We used to have the best class-specific community. People would share their achievements, ideas, videos, ways of being sneaky and OCCASIONALLY some suggestions for how we could be improved from a balance standpoint.

I guess what I am asking is - can we tone down the poorly researched and/or thought out spam of [Suggestion] threads and instead post more content that celebrates the most interesting class that PS2 offers?

I'll start today by kicking off a conversation of EMP grenades since they have been steadily buffed over time to the point where they are now effective against other classes special ability. Please do your part to keep the infiltrator community a happy, healthy and stealthy one.
    • Up x 7
  2. Takara

The amenity of the internet and it's ability to post thing anonymously has seen too it that there isn't as much thought put into comments before you type them down. IRL most people put a little more thought before opening their mouth. But along with that, i think comes the fact that some of us have grown up here...and forget how stupid we were in our youth...and how every idea we ever had seemed so awesome and right to us then. *shrugs* But seem more tempered now. But I've also seen this on TV there is very little discussion now days....people take such huge stances to one side or the other they instantly view anyone who disagrees with them as a moron or go right for insults instead of trying to actually discuss it. It is kinda sad how bad it is on these forums too :-(

That said, I agree with the EMP. In PS1 I was a big Cloakersuit guy. In PS2 I don't quite play it as much but I've started to fall into it more and more as I play when my other friends aren't around or playing another game. I find it kind of relaxing. And I just try to do things I think are pretty cool or amazing or just interesting to see the outcome. EMP has really added to that. I wish...there was more voice macro's in the game. Because I find myself sneaking up stairs then getting in place to toss and EMP grenade and wishing my team on the stairs saw it go off and would rush the enemy well their shields were weak. I've really gotten to enjoy running a wrath ATV with a heavy on the back and driving up to C4 blissfully ignorant tanks as they spam at infantry ^.^

Or tossing them from really far just to confuse and anger enemy teams. But hey, if you want to shoot things together just drop me a PM I wouldn't be against playing on my TR char, it gets ignored now and then! I run a TS3 server as well.
  3. giltwist

To be honest, Stalker cloak plus Lumine Edge (VS activation knife) solved 90% of my complaints with the class. Really my only complaints now are the lack of hackable things (I'd still love to be able to undeploy a sunderer) and the very limited selection of infiltrator nests within the bases. I've been killed multiple times by people walking into a room and just habitually shooting all four corners of a room (or tops of crates, etc). There isn't much need for a lot of conversation.
  4. Jawarisin

Ow, I thought I was the only one who felt like this sub-forum went down the drain....

On the matter of EMP's though, I feel like they finally gave something that can be used to "counter" heavy assaults. I could definetly see them being used WAY more as part of strategic breaching in server smash or outfit ops.
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

[Suggestion] Kick Mustarde out of GOKU!
  6. MisterSlim

I agree with Jawa (pretty Fr0sty guy all around, you must ALL befriend him!). And in terms of Mustarde's (also a damn c0ld fellow, I have nothing but respect for him, and this sub-forum wouldn't be the same without him) post, I don't think I could have said it better myself.

We used to be the class that could discuss things and share creative ideas, cool stories, help each other, and sometimes even just have a laugh and shoot the breeze together. We were a borderline sub-culture formed from sharing something not found in most players: a simple enjoyment of the cloaker class and the requisite creativity and depth required to enjoy it. We used to be the sub-forum that you could step into, and have a sense of "Hey, things are a lot more logical in here. Things can be as lighthearted as I want, yet still keep things reasonable and intelligent".

We need to fix this problem guys. I'm not free of blame, and I don't think any of us are. We should have taken the time to step back a while ago and say to ourselves, "We're better than this". It's easy to look at the community and say "It isn't my fault", and let it rot a little bit more at a time, but we can't keep doing it.

Encourage each other! If someone has a cool story, post it! If a new guy needs help, offer it! Let's take the time to pitch in and take care of this problem before it gets too out of hand.

-Your caring little Sn0wflake, MisterFr0st

Stay Fr0sty
  7. breeje

maybe this forum is not what it was on the other hand
    we can't keep talking about the same thing over and over
    in the beginning of PS2 we had all the weapons that we explored
    abilities, suits, tactics, and so on then the smg came, nerfs and buffs all over the game

the last thing we got was an new knife
    now the blackhand will come (not only for infil)
    lets be honest, the infil is what it is and big changes are not going to happen again
    not only for the infil but for the hole game

i see the same people over and over in game and on the forum
    PS2 is now for the players that really like the game
    no big numbers of new players will come
    and even bigger numbers will leave in time
    the forum will never be what it was
    • Up x 1
  8. MisterSlim

Not with that attitude, sir!

Stay Positive!

[IMG]

But more importantly.. Stay Fr0sty!
  9. Frizbee2

They're not incredibly good at anything, but they make up for their weakness with versatility. I'm rarely able to take advantage of their shield drain ability, as it both doesn't last long and tends to send enemies scrambling faster than a three-egg breakfast at the local diner, but the rather sizable list of deployables that they counter sure comes in handy. They're a must have on all of my stalker builds, as disabling motion spotters from a distance allows you to maintain your stealth without simply waiting in place for four minutes. I've been considering suggesting that the player and utility abilities of the EMP be split, and each be buffed higher, but I don't really have much against the current EMPs.
  10. Iridar51

Have to agree. I've even made jokes how there is a tradition of posting old and boring ideas at least once a week on LA subforum.

That said, there are ALWAYS new ways to play and use you class. Those who know a bit about SC2 will be impressed by this play:

This is something that was possible in SC2 from the day one, as far as I know, yet it took over two years before I saw somebody use this particular tactic.

Obviously SC2 has nothing to do with PS2, my point is - there's always something to figure out. And it's up to us, seasoned veterans, to do so.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dumpsterprophet

so basically you dont want to hear other people's opinions but you come to an internet forum? Lol you're delusional.
  12. CuteBeaver

This is probably how older people feel. The shared experiences we enjoyed from before are now gone. Indeed many suggestions appear to be from newer members to planetside 2. The community here still exists... but there are less subjects to discuss, and with the class being in a better position less incentive and dire need to discuss them.

As far as new EMP shield changes go.... I hate them....

I dislike how easy it is to screw over allies through walls unintentionally. Personally I'd like direct line of sight to matter (as it does with shields) when it comes to impacting class abilities. Using the EMP nades in squad play has become painstakingly annoying having to tip toe around allied HA who can't be bothered to run EMP shield.

The only time I get to use EMP's aggressively like I used to is in solo play, or if I am prepared to hear the whine of HA's. I do like the results, I just wish I had more control about who doesn't get hit by the blast to create more opportunities to use them. On another more positive note: New EMP changes are effectivly pissing off other classes XD
  13. pnkdth

These days, to keep things interesting, I run my TactiCool Spec Ops Tryhard loadout.

Primary: TRAP with suppressor. Extra TactiPoints for using 3.4.-4x scopes. 2xBurst because if you ain't getting headshots you deserve to die, nub. 2xBurst ensures 100% danktastic kill streaks.
    Secondary: Repeater with suppressor for those MLG ready OMGWTF just happened takedowns.
    Suit: Bandolier with EMPs. Only scrublords use explosives.
    Utility: Nothing says TactiCool than exploiting the movement meta and medkits. Again, mines are skilless sh**er weapons, elevate yo game, scrub.

Seriously though, it is a lot of fun. I've even come to like the TRAP... Then again, I am one of the few who like the full auto scout rifles.