What happened to rocket launchers ? Let me understand

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innersphere1, Jan 20, 2014.

1. innersphere1

the last 2 patches i havent played so much and have not read all the patch notes.. but now i noticed that faction-specific lock on-launchers (hades and nemesis) doing the same damage as the Annihilator... wut ?? Im i wrong, or Nemesis and Hades used to do 1400 dmg? Now tell me a reason to use them over an annihilator.. they do the same dmg ( at least its stated liked this) but the annihilator has better reload speed... Now dont tell me that the nemesis free dumbfire is something good, because if someone wants to dumbfire in buildings for example, he takes Decimator or standard rocket... well before those patch the decimator slow speed and drop rate had a sense because of the damage.. but now honestly... i will just use S1..
    Bah Soe u call this balance? Maybe you are working on new rockets and those are market strategies to let ppl buy the new ones XD. Im sure it will be op, then nerfed.
    GG !!!!!!
    You win
    • Up x 1
  2. Mxiter

Damages were reduced, but vehicles résistances were reduced too.

Annhi get a damage buff.

Nothing changed against vehicles. (but with the buffed annhi)

They did it to indirectly buff flak armor.
  3. innersphere1

Yes i understand but vehicle specific or air specific lock ons should do a bit more dmg, this doesnt make sense. I remember this was a game where the price of a weapon didnt matter on the quality but now it does.
  4. Blartblipple

the only thing that gets my goat is the stupid drop on dumbfires. Atleast they could have fixed the stupid physics: when you fire straight down THE ROCKET STILL DROPS
  5. starlinvf

A lot of things moving 50m/s do that.
  6. TheOrbitalButt

Give all your missiles , to my ***

Sincerely,

The Lovable Rogue Orbital Butt (Mrs.)
  7. Blartblipple

wha? tha? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?
  8. Zotamedu

Why should they do a bit more damage? You trade the ability to only lock onto one type of target for dumb fire. The need to always get a lock makes the Annihilator insanely situational. Being able to just instantly shoot makes a launcher a lot more versatile.
  9. Pikachu

The damage shown in the info boxes is towards infantry. These weapons have damage modifiers for vehicles. Phoenix is the prime example of this. They wanted RL to be less useful against infantry as forumside has wanted for long time.
  10. deggy

You can't fire a rocket straight down, infantry in PS2 can only look between ~-85 and ~85 degrees.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blartblipple

That's if you fire from a flat surface. It still drops when firing from on a angled surface making it straight down.
  12. deggy

It doesn't matter what the angle of the surface is, your character isn't capable of looking straight up or down.
  13. Nhilys

Long story short, it's worse than the dedicated launchers over 100m against ground vehicles and always worse against air vehicles. They also removed the special flypath that allowed it to hit turboing harrassers which for some reason not a lot of people knew, not that it matters anymore.
  14. Blartblipple

Does matter if I cannot look straight down at my feet if I am an angled surface then I am firing straight down.

Also even if I am not a angle shooting down Even firing from from a flat surface the rocket drops way more than it should.
  15. deggy

Get into a Galaxy and use the infinite-fly bug, then fire a rocket launcher straight down.

If you're right, the rocket will arc back under your feet and go behind you.
  16. FateJH

I get the feeling sometimes that my rockets would drop less if I got my HA to throw them at the enemy with his bare hands.
    • Up x 1