What happened to "Focus on fixing bugs, not content"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Choggo, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Choggo

Anyone else remember this quote back in November? Anyone else remember all the bugs that still haven't been fixed since November? Well you should since they still exist.

I like new content just as much as the next person, but what I don't like are the bugs that are still ignored, not to mention the constant additions of new Content that also dont work. Auto resupply for grenades, Awesome! Does it work, Nope, and that was added like what a month ago? Sticky grenades for NC, don't work, Vanguard special launcher, broke, lag spikes and random bug where the terrain flickers, been around since beta, still not fixed. Explosions going through walls, intended? Who fing knows but it shouldn't. Engy repair beam still breaks when someone crosses the stream, people falling through the earth, also since beta.

I understand bugs take time to fix, but some of these problems are so small, like NC sticky nades, that would take what Ctrl C, Ctrl P from the code from the other factions?

But hey! Shiny new SMGs! Ignore the other **** that doesn't work.
    I'm dying to see the projected 6 month plan this Friday. Here is my suggestion.
    Feb: Fix **** that's broken
    March: Fix the **** from February you said you would fix
    April: add new content
    May: fix all the **** you broken adding the new content
    June: actually fix the **** broken from April
    July: New Content

Sorry this came out harsh, I'm still a little bitter and still grieving over the death of the liberator.
    • Up x 1
  2. Compass

Unless you expect the concept artists, 3D modelers, and map makers to go back to school to learn programming, content's going to be made regardless of whether the game is bug-free or infested. :/
    • Up x 2
  3. Vlas

You dont think the lib was overpowered? Please.....

Oh, and dont be melodramatic, it isnt even close to dead.
  4. Choggo

Just because a vehicle might be OP, doesn't mean you should rip its cannon off and shove it ups its ***. Just because the Magrider is the best tank, doesn't mean they should remove its ability to strafe. Its a thing called balance, its where you make small minor adjustments until its equal with everything else. The PS version of "balance" is nerf every aspect making it useless and nobody uses it, then over buff it where its OP, then nerf till nobody uses it...repeat.

Besides, its not always the Vehicle that made it OP, it was the bad *** crew knowing how to use it. Stacked with the pile of idiots fighting them.
  5. Choggo

Maybe they should, considering how efficient they are and the quality of product they deliver.
  6. Vlas

Yes... now the lib requires aiming... what jerks!
  7. daxed

Underbarrell smoke launcher and grenade launcher don't reload (there is a manual workaround, but its still a BS bug)
    Dropping ammo pack and switching to repair tool inexplicably auto-switches to gun
    Mosquito in third person while banking, tail crosses the camera, pops the vehicle so huge in your view you can't see anything.
    Amerish map doesn't match the actual terrain
    When libs hit your vehicle from flight ceiling it causes no explosions or sound. Health just goes down and vehicle seemingly inexplicably explodes.
  8. Eacaraxe

Fixed that for you. I am sick and tired of going to repair a MAX and shooting them up instead.
  9. shadowkhat

first off, i think its allready been said .. but the content people aren't fixing the bugs :D puhlease dont make the artists program.. LOL but really... look at the state of the game... people have been leaving, stopping playing, taking breaks... gameplay has gotten stagnant, they are at least working on the problem.... i would love to see good gameplay like ps1
  10. Choggo

Lol I have shot so many friendly MAXs because of that damn bug.
    I've done basic coding, I understand how complex it can get, but these stupid small bugs that you constantly run into are the ones that annoy me more than big ones that only happen once in awhile. Like the terrain flicker, hella annoying, bit I only get it once every few days, so its low on my priority list compares to bugs like the nade reload, sticky nades and auto switch.

Some type of acknoledgement would also be nice, a master list of common issues or bugs, doesn't have to list if or when they will be addressed, just an acknowledgement they exist. ike the Nade refill, nobody even knew if that was intentional or not, or explosions through walls and force fields?
  11. FateJH

Realization: the content must be a bunch of bugs!
  12. Choggo

The lack of Meta-game is a totally separate issue, mostly due to a early release, but Sony is known for forcing **** out the door early. The issue with meta game has nothing to do with lack of content, its lack of use for that content. People are fine with playing the same BF or CoD maps over and over again because its in short doses, 10 or so maps in 15-20 minutes doses, and you move on, plus server pops shift a lot so your not always winning or losing. In PS, fights can last a long time, and its generally over the same few areas "crown anyone?". So people feel the strain and get burnt out faster, also most nights are either kicking butt or getting butt kicked, and both are not that fun. With the server pops shrinking, you typically have 1 continent (indar) where everyone fights, and the other 2 are just pop capped by 1 faction.
  13. shadowkhat

alot of the problem is they took away the defense bonus... gave you just an exp boost for the area while defending... this leads to alot od A-hat strategies... like TR take amerish and esamir... when confronted leave, no one gets a defense bonus but if you want the continent oyu still have to take all the bases :/ i don't think defense should be only for kills and support should be for resecuring as well. a base that isn't defended should cap faster, if theres no fighting while the base is being capped ( with adjacency not being backhacked) if theres no fighting for say 10-15 minutes bases should cap in 5 minutes.,. ( also have a timer on how many times you can get the bonus for defense so to keep from factions "cap hopping" for the bonus..

they need to bring back base cap locks... but modified...

TR caps a base.... NC has 5 minutes to start a cap or base gets locked for 60 minutes. gives you a reason to attack a base thats just been flipped, forces you to defend or lose the base... gives the attacking faction a set goal... base locks need to be implemented, would lead to more dynamic gameplay, making people aware that hey if i don't attack there we can't take it for an hour... would force you to defend a base you just capped isntead of rolling out without checking buildings only to have that one single infiltrator recap the instant you leave... :/ its just whack a mole with guns right now ... and thats boring.