What happened here?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmittyJensen, Apr 23, 2018.

1. SmittyJensen

I would mark this as 'BUG' but I'm not so sure.. post CAI every other ESF I've hit with a python round has gone *splat* instantly... and there have been a lot of splats. Until I ran into this guy today.. he didn't splat. He just took the hit and kept on trucking...

So why didn't he go splat?
  2. adamts01

Composite armor. Just enough to keep from getting 1-shot. It's the worst option for ESF, which is why you've never seen it before.
    • Up x 3
  3. SmittyJensen

Apparently it was the best option today! :p

Thanks for answering. Actually for a pestering ESF driver it seems like that wouldn't be a terrible choice... I knock down a lot of hovering or greedy farming pilots.
  4. typnct

you are using HESH
    only AP kills in one shot
  5. JibbaJabba

Also some fire suppression in there. *just* after the shot you see the sparkly VS fire stuff begin. By the time it comes back on screen ducking behind that hill, it's just smoking.
  6. Jbeasty

HESH one shots ordinary ESF's. ESF has composite armor though, so it can survive it.

Same thing happens to my pheonix. One shots unless they have composite. A lot of banshee squitos (there are so many dedicated ones on emerald atm) are using that now because they kept getting insta gibbed by ppl like me who actively watch for them while in tanks etc. and have gotten far too experienced knocking their *** out of the sky.
    • Up x 1
  7. typnct

mmm... weird ive never killed an esf with hesh before even in direct shots, guess i was unlucky?
  8. SmittyJensen

I've killed dozens and dozens with HESH one shots. It is one of my things to do as lightning tank driver since AP was nerfed to the ground for actual vehicle combat.

Thanks for the info guys! :c )