What happen to doors!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rager, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Rager

I miss the days of hacking a door walking in and seeing a squad line up and open fire...ok I don't miss that.

It makes no sense, did we sit down and say..man we could save some money if we build our bases without doors. We can just put a big shield up and leave every point open.

I miss doors.
  2. D0n

Shouldn't we start by hacktools first before we even think about hacking the door?
  3. Thagyr

The current designers of bases focused on Feng Shui rather than practicality. Wide open spaces, plenty of air-flow and light sources.
    • Up x 9
  4. Rager

One step at a time, We can first make a door with a door knob. After that we can start making better doors that need to be hack. We need to go back to the basics.
  5. Rager

I guess they thought people holding areas behind doors and trying to hold in was a bad thing for the game? Having more options or ways to defend a base makes the game fun.

I never thought i would miss something as basic as a mofo door.
    • Up x 2
  6. Monnor

Well the story about doors is short, but funny. One day a architect walked down the hall , and rammed his foot into a door, He howled from this pain, and said **** this , and doors was never seen again.
    • Up x 1
  7. Moxin

Because the game is only half finished if this really is the successor of Planetside 1 and has anything to do with it. Seriously, there is so much missing if you compare it to the predeccessor.
  8. MonsterX

It is a bug with the nanite systems. Anytime they find a door they deconstruct it and turn the materials into a T-rex statue.

I for one am greatful that the nanites haven't started deconstructing all of the soldiers.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rager

Maybe, but might be a design reason why they left some of it out.

I would love to know why the felt the need to get rid of doors and choke points. It makes defending and holding areas a lot more fun.
  10. Panssarikauha

Wasnt it tossed around that "The engine cant handle them" at one point in time
  11. Rager

If the engine can't handle doors that is pretty scary lol. Like...That blows my mind.
    • Up x 1
  12. K-On

In the future we don't use doors, we just walk into people houses and blow up generators.
    We be like [IMG]
    Anyways Gates and doors sounds fine in some places, gates being towers where u spawn tanks lol.
  13. Rager

I kinda miss the hacking part of the old ps. If doors was around maybe infil will feel less lonely.
  14. Koadster

Its a re-envisioning.. the devs have stated it was NEVER meant to be a successor.. Hell PS2 takes place BEFORE PS1.....
  15. Moxin

I dont know what they did say but it is still named Planetside......

On September 25, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) sent a mass e-mail to current and formerPlanetSide subscribers, asking to fill a survey that would help SOE design the next generation PlanetSide. "We plan to expand the PlanetSide universe with another game and we need your help with the design. After all, who knows the game better than you, our customers, the people who actually play it!
  16. Panssarikauha

When you name a game "X 2", its a sequel. If they called it Planetside: X it would still be a sequel. And what does a sequel compare most prominently against? The prequel. So when people find the NEW game missing the good bits of the old, they get upset. The same happened with the GTA franchise. I mean they took out the goddamn fighter jets. You can compare games like CoD and BF and Halo all you want and get nowhere as its a personal matter, but when you compare, lets say BF:BC2 and BF3, and notice the latter is lacking severely, then you can get upset.

So if they want to call it Planetside 2, it has to be Planetside. If I were to make Assasins Creed 4, and itd be an RTS or an FPS would it REALLY be a sequel?
  17. Moxin

Thats my understanding, no idea if the devs said it would never be a successor. But otherwise why the name would be used if it would be not a follow up.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dubious

We dont use any tools to hack turrets and terminals..
  19. D0n

Oh that's right, I forgot the Nanny Mcphee magic.
  20. Rager

Hm I never thought i would miss the hacking tool that much lol.