What does upgrading the ammo pack do exactly?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by LyonsBright, Jul 27, 2015.

1. LyonsBright

What the title says. I see the option under the passive skills menu but I'm not quite sure what it does for me :p
  2. Pointyguide2

increases range and life of the ammo boxes and I think the last level allows you to put down two of them instead of one.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

It's not the best place you could look for info but I think the wiki is still accurate for the ammo pack:

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Ammunition_Package

Unfortunately it doesn't pay very well due to experience caps which only get worse once you get the last level....but then again the last level is only 300 certs. It's more of a convenience to others. There is nothing worse than a single noob ammo pack. So annoying. 2 packs at 7 metres for 6 minutes is something you won't regret getting sooner rather than later.
    • Up x 1
  4. fogartyfreaks

The higher the level, the more of a priority your ammo pack is, if you have a rank 2 ammo pack, you'll get the resupply instead of the other guy that has a rank 1 ammo pack. I have the ammo maxed out, and if you put both down at both spawn room exits, you will likely get all the certs because your ammo packs take priority, and have increased range.
  5. FeralBoy

If you are in your infantry engineer pane and click on the ammo pack you can mouse over your current rank and it should tell you what the current timer and range of the pack is. If you mouse over the "upgrade" button it will tell you what the timer and range of the next rank will be. It is definitely worth maxing out your ammo packs if you want to be a truly effective "support" player.
  6. Kcalehc

Also of note, is that if someone else has the same rank ammo pack as you, and puts theirs down on top of or near yours, the most recently placed one (in this case, theirs) gets priority. People do seem to do this quite often, and I suspect much of the time, deliberately. So having the top rank helps reduce xp loss due to this, as higher ranks seem to take priority over lower ones first.
  7. Pelojian

This priority rule is the same for repair and resupply sunderers the highest tier one gets the xp.
  8. DeadlyPeanutt

this is right. upgrading ammo packs make a substantial difference in how useful they are. if you play engie a lot, upgrade the repair tool first, then this.
  9. Liewec123

side note, dying resets the cap, so on double xp weekends and things its amazing having maxed rank ammo pack, plonk em somewhere useful and keep zerging at the enemies repeatedly
  10. Vertigo103

Having a max ammo package means 7 meter range to resupply and two ammo packs so place two in heavy fighting areas where forces need them for instance A point & B point of the crown.

Ammo packs will stay up for 5 minutes regardless of how far away you are!
  11. Skiptrace

It increases the Radius of which the Ammo Pack will refill people's ammo. Increases how long the things will stay active. And at the max rank you can have 2 out at a time!