What does the Resource Revamp MEAN?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by LordMatt XLVIII, Jul 9, 2014.

1. LordMatt XLVIII

I think a lot of people misunderstand this update as making the game "Pay 2 Win". What this update really is is a general nerf to using c4, tank mines, vehicles, maxes, ANYTHING that costs resources. Before you had seperate pools for each, allowing a total spending wallet of up to 2250 resources, 750 for each vehicle, air and infantry category. This means players with membership/resource boosts will actually be recieving THIRD of the excess resources they get now.

It is also being made harder to spam things by making your c4 use affect how often you can pull a tank or aircraft or max and vice versa. Also, removing the acquisition timer actually brings newer players to a more even playing field with veterans, as older players have dumped certs into their acqui. timers and that gives them a significant advantage over new players who can't spam vehicles as often.

In general, things aren't going to change an awful lot. You will however be seeing more noobs pulling things than usual, as well as having to balance your resource spending along with a tighter emphasis on resource acquisition as a strategic and tactical factor.

TL;DR: This update will actually nerf resource boosts heavily and give newer players an edge because they don't have to waste certs on an acquisition timer. While it has the potential to give air, vehicle, OR infantry players slightly more tools, you can no longer do all three.
  2. Plunutsud pls

Why would SOE nerf their own income by nerfing resource boosts?

This makes no sense, they need money and are actually busy monetizing the game now, they just made all infantry attachments available for SC.

There will probably be some sort of catch to this new system that might just get slipped into the game at the last moment, like the Railjack shot delay for example.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordMatt XLVIII

The Railjack nerf made the game less pay to win, really......

Anyway, only time will tell if SOE does anything overtly shady w/ the resource system.
  4. NCDaniel

All I know is that I'm going to be getting a ton of certs back.
    • Up x 3
  5. JOups

We will see how it plays out. Somehow i like it, somehow i dislike, so I´m quite not sure what to expect and even if I should like it :D
    • Up x 1
  6. minhalexus

I for one really like this resource revamp.

I juggle between flying and infantry, so I always had that 750 vehicle resources on me. The resource revamp just allows me to play what I want to play.

This also solves a lot of problems with the "air game being too hard to get into."
    Now you can effectively spawn 3+ ESFs (depending on how they adjust) which will undoubtedly make you a better pilot.

Also now that you don't need a facility connection to get resources, the zerging faction does not get a 2x advantage on resources.
  7. DatVanuMan

As long as I am still able to use my resources like I am right now, then I have no idea how this affects me. If it FORCES me to do something I don't want to do, then no thank you. Not everyone likes ANTs;)
  8. Regpuppy

How they say it's implemented is basically one resource pooll, no more timers, simplified income (just a flat 60 base), and no infantry explosives/utility storage.

But this seems like a first phase.
  9. minhalexus

If you're a guy who only uses a specific resource then you'll love this.
    If you're a guy who likes to juggle through all 3 of his resources actively then you'll resent it.

But regardless, everyone wil like the no aqcusition timer.
  10. DatVanuMan

Sooo, if I only use infantry resources, this revamp is going to make it better? If so, THEN SHOW ME THE MONEY:D:D:D:D:D
  11. DatVanuMan

WAIT. By no explosives/utility storage, I CAN REPLENISH C4 using ammo packs? Please say yes. Please. If you say yes, then I will repay your awesomeness. PLEASE SAY THIS IS HAPPENING.
  12. Nody

Sorry to be that messenger but no, you can't replenish C4 via ammo packs. What you do get is an (currently) is an increased resource pool that let you buy more C4/'nades/MAX suits then you could previously when full but at a potentially lower replenish rate (fixed 60 / min rather than varied via capping & zones held).
    • Up x 1
  13. DatVanuMan

Oh... I thought SOE was making this game better... I guess that might never happen. What is happening is much worse:(
    Wow, just... wow. Words can not express at how disappointed and sad I am. I'm shockedo_O
  14. Scr1nRusher

its on the PTS

go try it out.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Now people have to idle at the warp gate even longer? :p
    If that increased limit actually happens, if it's just 600, then people will just pull a lot less.
  16. Nerfav

It means that now you can leave your ESF on Indar and redeploy to Amerish and spawn a new ESF.
    You don't have to wait 10 mins to spawn a new ESF after losing one.
  17. Runegrace

Resource capacity only matter if you're full, otherwise the rate at which you gain resources matters more. As every action, from throwing grenades to pulling a tank now depletes those resources, cases where you're going to be full on resources is much less likely. The rate at which you regenerate resources is likely going to be more important with these changes.

New players will likely be less willing to pull things, as throwing resources into what they're not good at will also reduce resources for the things they've put certs into. Usually the only way I could get some squad mates to pull air is with the argument "what else are you using your air resources for?". Now that argument is invalid, and having a member pull a Gal is going to severely deplete their global resource pool. I'd expect less experimentation from newer players with these changes.

Newer players will be able to jump into something a bit easier, though. If they take the move to try running something exclusively, they will be more able to do so with the removal of the timers. It's definitely going to be a shift.
  18. MrLayZboy

Will cut-off bases no longer get resources?