What does it take to make mic music spammers stop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Barosar, May 13, 2013.

1. Barosar

This has been a problem for many months. There is no suitable in-game feature to stop it nor automatic protection against it.

It is almost to the point that it needs to be escalated as an Industry-level complaint. SOE is permitting unlicensed rebroadcasts of copyrighted works within their commercial property. Perhaps a few captures of these music broadcasts should be submitted to the RIAA - that might get things fixed.

Please SOE just make. it. stop.
  2. thrikerr

People like you are why we can't have nice things.

You can mute players, by the way.
    • Up x 2
  3. St0mpy

wut? just go to the voice panel and click their speaker icon till it puts a red line through it, you wont hear them again, ever - it saves them to .ini
  4. Badname6587

actually, get them to ride in your liberator with you.. go out of bounds 3 seconds.. drop them off and return to base.

Easy enough.
  5. Sen7ryGun84

This.

Also if they are the only voice being spammed at the time pressing backspace mutes them too iirc. Same as above but faster.
  6. jeuvisage

I guess implementing money grabs like $20 pistols is more important. Isnt it ironic that Sony uses the DMCA to sue music streaming services like Grooveshark, and include rootkits in their CDs, but when people are illegally streaming music in their own product, they couldn't care less. I've reported people for doing this, but as usual the GMs couldnt give a damn, and did nothing. Just one of the many reasons why you should never give SOE money.
    • Up x 1
  7. Duvenel

DJUnicorn </3
  8. DJStacy

Just push through the new government directive we have on Woodman.

1.25.0 All constant music spammers will be shot on site.
    1.25.1 Relavant short pieces maybe played at the end of victorious battles specified only by the government.
    1.25.2 If any clarification on these rules is needed implement rule 1.25.0
  9. Llaf

Now that's the TR way right there. Right on, rofl.
    • Up x 1
  10. SgtBreastroker

11. The King

You should learn how to put players on mute. It isn't that hard at all.

You probably don't have friends either,.

And you know what? You can submit these videos of players playing music and the RIAA will laugh at you.
    They don't have time to be dealing with non-issues.
  12. MrDerpAssault

Imo, mic music are awesome if it's within WP. Last time, about 200 players gathered in the WP only to hear music, it was epic :D .

If you don't like mic music spammers, then mute them, then you will never hear from them.
  13. AssaultPig

I shoot anybody piping music.

If you want your buddies to hear your personal soundtrack (I'm sure it's awesome and everything), do it in squad chat or using the VOIP platform of your choice.

I usually mute them after I shoot them, but circumstances and the clunky voice interface often make that impractical.
  14. Pivke

woodman NC way:
    1. one untalented dude plays guitar on prox chat in warpgate
    2. guitar dude says: i accept music wishes, any1 wants me to play something?
    3. random people standing nearby say: YEEEEEE lets have a karaoke show!
    4. one untalented dude plays songs and several random very very untalented people are singing horribly

fun stuff :D hilarious in fact! i have meet this event two times
  15. RadioTR

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. vastaitku

All you can do is mute them. If you confront them, there's gonna be a gaggle of teenagers defending their right to play ****** music in your ear. They will tell you you're no fun. If their idea of fun is idling in a video game listening to music, they lead a sad life indeed. SOE on their part don't give a ****. So just mute 'em.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ammathor

I despise the very ****** ones who sit in the Warpgate blaring 'Gangam Style' from there Speakers to there Microphone to have horrible Audio Quality.

Others like RadioTR and a few other people have much better Audio Quality and takes requests.

Also you can press 'Enter' on the keypad to mute whoever is currently talking.
    • Up x 1
  18. phreec

19. Halo572

I have 2 science degrees and can report that neither of them ever covered how to mute music spammers in PS2.

Shows you how poor higher education is and reinforces that maybe it isn't worth it after all.

There was one a couple of days ago that kept getting TKed by other people, I looked for the mute but as they keep changing things don't know how to do it.

I now know that it is holding Q, but that isn't something I would normally do so didn't.

My deal would be - if you want to spam your music then I should be able to come and piss all over you, as that is something I enjoy doing in public.

Same goes for smokers.

If you agree, spam and puff away, I'm off to drink lots of water.
  20. IamDH

Fight music with music