[Suggestion] What do you guys think about bringing the buggies back.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nephera, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nephera

Because I really liked the buggies from planetside 1, even if overuse of mines made them somewhat suicidal.

Heck they could be common pool, I'd just like a 2-3 man vehicle thats not a tank or a sunderer.

Edit: y'know i should have explained what they are for people who didnt play 1. [IMG]

The buggies were essentially light harassment vehicles that were slightly more armored and better armed than ATVs, though slightly slower and you needed a gunner.
  2. Llaf

Never played PS1 but I like the idea of it, the flash is pretty meh.
  3. Hydragarium

Buggies ARE coming back - Official dev word and all.
  4. Nephera

Woohoo my thread is useless but i dont care! Buggies!

edit: well I guess its still useful for getting people's thoughts on the matter.
  5. Zotamedu

They sound like great fun. Something small and fast like a Flash but with two people, one driver and one gunner. Just give the option to cert into a turret like the ones engineers deploy.
  6. FateJH

You don't want one like the Engineers deploy. Ask to cert into a better turret.
  7. Ace0

Only question is when will they be added.
    There is a lot of nice vehicles from PS1 missing.
    They way the current sunderer has the spawn point cert, it should have a cert for a cloaking shield.
    Same as the PS1 AMS had it, at least you reduce the chance of getting spawn camped like that.
    And old style galaxy which allowed vehicles in(no heavy tanks) and the Lodestar(but all of that has being removed because of our lovely base designs).
  8. Kunotron

Would love if they made like a 3 person Harasser (for those who didn't play PS1, it was a 2 person Common Pool (NS) light buggy).

Here is how I would make it.

Seat 1: Driver, no guns.
    Seat 2: Back Turret, has a choice of Dual Kobolt 12m machine guns (infantry), a triple rocket launcher that shoots 3 rocket pods before needing to reload (anti-armor), and a flak-shotgun that does less damage than bursters and skyguards per pellet and a slower rate of fire, but more damage if all pellets hit (anti-air).
    Seat 3: Passenger Side, no vehicle weapons but would be able to use their own weapons and get unlimited ammo (like they are sitting on an engineer ammo pack). Would be useful if you had a Heavy Assault sitting there using his rocket launcher.

Armor on the buggy might be 75-85% of a lightning with no backside / side weakness. top speed would be 85km.