What Class Do You Get Forced To Play (In Your Mind)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, Aug 3, 2013.

1. ent|ty

Man, I do try.

I try to play other classes, like the Medic, the Engineer, the Light Assault, but it never seems to work.

Why? Well there always seems to be some armored bully shooting me, or some harasser killing me or some enemy sunderer that it seems that NOONE else on my team spots or is dealing with, etc.

So I always feel like I have to go HA in order to deal with these menaces, lol.

When I think "Hmm, I'd like to play another class" , I kind of have to go HA to help out my team the most effectively I can, by curbing all these armored (and flying) menaces.

Infiltrator can be done because tanks, etc arent as much of an issue (for obvious reasons), but i'm more of an in your face player, so I only play that when i'm in a certain mood.

How about you? What class do you feel your (kinda) forced to play on a regular basis due to necessity or that you feel the role won't be filled if YOU DIDNT DO IT?
    • Up x 1
  2. FreelancePanic

Radar Flash operator. Boring and unrewarding, yet vital to any serious offense/defense.
    • Up x 4
  3. VanuSovereignty

Medic. I get tired of being dead under a medic's feet and not being revived when no enemies are present. No one should have to endure that.
    • Up x 5
  4. Crewell

It sounds like the biggest issue you are dealing with isnot the classes, but lack of organized play. Find an outfit that runs coordinated groups and you'll probably be happier. Most of those outfits run squads with at least 2 medics and an engineer to be successful.
  5. Heretic

With randoms an Ammo Engineer. You always see swarms of them but they refuse to put down ammunition for the team. Its incredibly frustrating.
  6. johnway

HA. I thought i would play as an engineer, be the supporting person and i thought i was pretty hot with a gun. Then when i saw how i was outgunned by HA with their big guns, super shields, their AT weapons i thought the only way i was going to survive in a straight up fight was to be HA. everyone else can be medics or engineers.

Now i've been spoiled rotten. When i pick up a 30 round gun i splurge the bullets like i was HA and i usually get dropped pretty quickly or i'm running away. But i do play Medic when we're too few , i see an opportunity or i was bored.

I really should use LA more often. They're fun, useful and damn effective in the right situations, but without a Resist shield and spending a large time as a loner, i couldn't see myself lasting long. I only used the LA for the SECOND time (the first was when i created the character and was thrown into the game for the first time) and i was having a cracking time jumping around on the bio domes buildings and raining death. I felt very vulernable considering at one point i was the only LA on the roof. But what compelled me to play LA now? Probably because of i was rolling with an Outfit and felt compelled to cover an area that looked weak.
    • Up x 1
  7. 660/12

HA using A2A missiles. I like HA, but somebody needs to do the chump job of not letting the lolpodders own the day. You don't get many, if any, kills.
    • Up x 4
  8. K2k4

Usually I end up being forced into playing as engineer or medic.

People play HA for their anti-armor capabilities, but I do just as well if not better using my AV turret, all while gaining a constant stream of exp from my ammo packs. It's just too good to pass up. Not to mention if I want to drive around in a vehicle this game has made it so you pretty much have to play engineer if you want your vehicle to have any longevity.

As for medic, well this one is obvious. With the amount of free experience I get playing this class, though, I wonder why so few players play it. Kudos if you're a dedicated medic!
  9. Huntedstorm

For me it's a case of this:
    'There is no medics here at all, I should go medic then'
    'Where did all these medics come from!? There was none before!'
    • Up x 5
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

kinda agree. i am more or less forced to play engineer only. no one else can repair vehicles and autorepair for your vehicles is not effective enough. then again, heavy assault is the best class besides maxes for infantry combat, not to mention their (lock-on) launchers can deter/destroy both ground and air units
  11. DuckSauce

HA. Mostly because of bastard MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lady Majestica

Engineer. I can never find ammo when I need it. On those rare times when I do see an ammo icon, it's a long distance and is always right in the middle of 4 trillion explosions. So I need my own ammo. Because I can't keep my finger off the trigger.
  13. Kurmon

That moment when the gif in your signature has a better framerate than me in the warpgate.

B2T: HA. Same reason as OP
    • Up x 2
  14. Drasilov

HA Anti Air because there's no point doing any kind of attack without effective anti-air.
  15. Syrathin

I find myself having to switch back to engineer a lot to repair generators and turrets. I usually don't mind until you get that one guy that jumps into a turret the instant it repairs but he sucks really bad with them and can't do anything effective with it.

I have three characters that are more or less dedicated medics but lately I find myself going between HA and engineer with all the medics running around these days. This isn't a problem except too many medics not healing and waiting for you to die so they can revive you instead.
    I've also gotten a lot of revives lately from medics without maxed tools and they run off without bothering to heal me to full health, Which means I have to use a med kit to do the job they should have done. At this point I'm starting to reject revives in favor of spawning at the base rather than burning up all my med kits.
  16. sodopro

Engineer, if I'm not in a squad. Honestly, the people who zerg a base then pass it for the next one leave all the turrets, terminals, etc damaged or down, forcing me to repair them.

Other than that, I have a problem with my HA where if I have the Phoenix out, there are ESFs everywhere. But when I turn around to switch to my G2A launcher, suddenly they're all gone. And when I switch back, eh what do you know? ESFs.

Kinda pisses me off.
    • Up x 2
  17. SinerAthin

Like when you step outside; it rains. You go back inside to get your umbrella, but then it stops and the sky clears up. Then you put your umbrella back inside and leave the house, and after having gone just a hundred yards from the house; the sky suddenly darkens again and it starts raining cats & dogs :p
  18. AxisO7

Engineer

I keep wanting to play medic and heavy assault more often to work on auraxium for those guns (finally got the Carv done last night, and getting close to the second auraxium for the medic), but I just keep going back to the engineer. Between the ammo pack for myself (and other friendlies if they need it), the repair tool for any vehicles, max's and generators, and the tank mines for any pesky sunderers around, I just can't help defaulting to engi.
    • Up x 1
  19. Heretic

Lucky for me my PC is pretty beastly, for the work i do on it.
  20. Mustarde

infiltrator