What carabine do you prefer for LA tr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chizzo, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Iridar51

For all intents and purposes, they're pretty much identical, though Cougar for some unknown reason has slightly worse hip fire, which I still find it quite good.
    Nowadays it's better to check stats in the spreadsheet.
  2. Copasetic

I've auraxed all the TR carbines except the Burst, personally I prefer the Lynx. The AMC is nice too, the Cougar is something I'd hold off on until you've played with a few other carbines for a while. It works quite different than the rest due to its higher bullet damage and lower ROF. NS-11C is another one of those guns I wouldn't buy until I've played the rest out.

Why the Lynx? It's a beast in CQC and works well in ADS at medium range. Not great at long range, but I find all the carbines are lacking there. Even the Cougar is a pain in the *** at long range because, like all the carbines, it just jumps around too much to be consistent like an AR would be. Plus the Lynx is just cool. A 900 RPM bullet hose, that's so TR.
  3. DrPapaPenguin

I loved T5 AMC, really liking the Cougar.
  4. FieldMarshall

I like the T5. It has some interesting stuff going for it that i like.
    AdvGrip (I almost always ADS). Super controlable recoil. Fast reload. Fastest carbine velocity ingame, that is comparable to sniper rifles. Decent hipfire.
    The only thing i dont like about it is the low damage per bullet in comparison to its rof. But that can be compensated for by the amazingly controlable ADS and aiming for the head.

I also like the Cougar.
  5. Captain Kid

For ranges under 50 meters definitely the Jaguar. Either fit it with an advanced laser for extreme hip fire accuracy or get a foregrip for a tighter horizontal cof to make it more use-able when aiming down the sights.
    I play Engineer by the way and I LOVE the Jaguar.
    Have been using the NS-11C before it and it has a bit more range while aiming down the sights but loses much oompf at closer ranges.
    I have been trying the T5 and the Jaguar with foregrip but reverted back to the Jaguar with advanced laser, was losing to much closer range fights.
  6. Cinnamon

I have auraxium with all of them apart from the trac5s and trac shot.

NS11C is my preferred carbine for TR. Really T5 AMC is a very good substitute but the mobility and faster reload of the ns11c make it a classier weapon.

If you want something that is just good at bursting down a target at close range then use the nighthawk or something. If you want something with great hipfire that still keeps damage at range then try the PDW. Jaguar used to be great for this but has been hit very heavily with the nerf stick.
  7. Mastermind

Trac - 5 burst is highly under used... get good with this gun as a light assault and you will love it
  8. NC_agent00kevin

The NS 11C is ok but not particularly great at anything. The only reason to buy it is to have a jack of all trades, master of none weapon for all 3 factions with one purchase.

Otherwise, the Trac 5 is an awesome weapon to start with. I was shocked at how well it performed in Biolab fights at all ranges. Much better (er-easier) to use than the default VS and NC equivalents. I loved it from the get go and stuck with it for a while before going back to grinding away on my VS.

While the NS guns are solid choices for most NC and VS classes; they seem to be pretty well outclassed and overshadowed when it comes to TR weaponry. I might recommend a NS-15M to fill the gap between the Carv/Rhino and the MSWR...but thats about it.
  9. Huishe

Cougar for mid-long or Lynx for close-mid. No discuss.
  10. z1967

If you don't want to buy any new guns with certs, the Trac-5 is a beauty of a default, only held back by a lack of accuracy at range (but dat ROF is amazing).

The Jaguar carries the same problems of the Trac-5 except makes them worse with even less accuracy. But the super tight hip fire and .75 ADS make it a default choice for many.

T5 AMC is a Vanusend for LR combat. Best used with the HSNV sight (the most accurate sight and best for recoil control) you can nail mostly headshots even past 40m. I love it and use it all the time, best build seems to be HSNV sight, advanced fore grip, and HVA (optional, as the velocity gained isn't much and the weapon can already be controlled fairly easily). Compensator is iffy, and you can usually just go without it.

Lynx is one I just bought and instantly fell in love with. Its like a super powered Armistice and the recoil isn't very hard to control. Still working on a good build for it but I am thinking ALS, SPA, and HSNV are the way to go.

Trac-5 Burst is one of those weapons that nobody ever uses, is slightly UP, and only really useful for auraxiums. Unfortunately, I am one of the crazy people that like burst weapons and so I picked it up immediately. Works great with a laser, suppressor, and HVA. Its fairly accurate and great for CQC headshots and biofarming. Not my first pick for a good weapon but it is usable and really cheap.

I don't own the NS-11C, Cougar, or Trac-5 S so I can't comment on those, but the NS-11C seems to not be worth even glancing at, Trac-5 S is like the default but with either a bad UB shotgun or bad UB grenade launcher (but the smoke laucher is good), and the Cougar is just a different flavor of T5 AMC.

My favorite? Probably the Lynx because of its 900+ ROF. Goes well with the overall TR dakka traits.
    • Up x 1