What are your least favorite bases?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Visk, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Visk

Original thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/favourite-bases-to-battle-at.140727/

We all know those bases. The ones that get tank zerged, are too easy to defend, or too easy to attack. The ones you refuse to fight at because of how much of a crappy time you know you'll end up happening. Name your least favorite bases! I'll start

• Stillwater Watch (This base is by far my least favorite base in the game. It will always get tank zerged because of how easy it is to surround it with armor being pulled from the warpgate)
    • Scarred Mesa Skydock
    • Apex Genetics
    • Howling Pass Checkpoint
    • Abandoned NS Offices
    • Seabed Listening Post
    • Coramed Labs
    • Vanu Archives
    • NS Material Storage
    • Quartz Ridge Camp
    • Sandstone Gultch Mining
    • Blackshard Tungsten Mine
    • Grey Heron Shipping
    • The Traverse
    • Palos Solar Array
    • Andvari Bio Lab (I've had some good fights here, but it's one of those Bio labs that only has two forward spawns. It also yields tank resoures, which is completely stupid)
    • The Pit
    • Geological Survey Camp
    • Highroads Station
    • Highlands Solar Station
    There are more bases that aren't fun to fight at, but I felt they weren't worth mentioning because there's never any action at them.
  2. IamDH

I don't like biolabs when the get 48+ on each side
    25-48 are decent fights 48+ is just who can farm better
  3. Blarg20011

I like Howling Pass... I think it has the perfect amount of defend-ability, unlike Quartz Ridge which is always a massive cluster****. I don't like most of the northern Indar bases (too open) or BioLabs (too zergy).
  4. Joram

The Pit, Tech Plants.
  5. tastyBerryPunch

Copycat:p
    The one base I really dislike and I was surprised it came up so often in the favourite bases thread is the Impact site on Indar. Unless there is a really big battle there with deployed sunderers and everything I really avoid it. My main problem is the distance betwen the points and I mostly play infantry in bases so it's a long walk . Still most people love that the points are far from each other.
    And since you mentioned it Stillwater Watch is also a pain to fight at, if it's surrounded by tanks shelling the tower especially from the hill.
    Oh and the Pitt.
  6. FABIIK

What about the (new) Crown ?
  7. 660/12

1) Generic towers that don't have interesting terrain nearby.

2) And this doesn't really qualify as a base, but the SE Indar warpgate blows contagious chunks.

3) Most of Amerish. Where you spend more time fighting the terrain and game mechanics than the enemy.
  8. i4PLAY

So f'ing true. But I must say I despise Quartz Ridge Camp...
  9. mpal

Pretty much any base that can easily be camped in by armor and air.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Indar
    ■ Quartz Ridge Camp (west) - Way too hard to attack and too many tank drivers refues to leave their precious expensive vehicle to get in as infantry and do some work.
    ■ Hvar Tech Plant (west) - Not bad in itself but the passange from north territory is awful. It's a valley of death filled with strikers and what not killing most vehicles coming. Slow and painful.
    ■ Vanu Archives (south west) - Base on a mountain, biolab style but boring. No like.
    ■ Howling Pass Checkpoint (east) - Like Quartz Rige Camp it's hard to attack and the strange base design is annoying.
    ■ Most bases in the canyons - This landscape is boring to fight in. It's somewhat ok to defend but attack is bleh.

Esamir
    ■ The Pit (center) - An actuall pit where it's hard to get out of and trying to get a vehicle in there is suicide. You're too likely to get stuck.
    ■ Snowhear Watchtower (west) - Annoyingly protected and far away satelite bases. Not fun to defend at least.
    ■ Echo Valley station (center) - A deep valley like place that feels just worthless and annoying to defend.

Amerish (rarely play so don't know much)
    ■ LithCorp Secure Mine (north west) - Strange annoying design.
    ■ Splitpeak Pass (east) - Big valley style base with stuff on the side. Long time taking annoying place.
    ■ Any base that can only be accessed through some narrow passage up a mountain. Boring and difficult to do anything in.
  11. KenDelta

All the facilities northern indar , above Howling pass and Quartz ridge excluding facilities and Saurva/Mao fortresses and EVERY small outpost that is begging for a tank zerg to just come and sit there(bases that are wide open)
  12. Visk

FTFY, brah
    • Up x 1
  13. dBMachine

I hate Bio Labs with a passion.

They always seem to attract huge zergs and they are way too cramped. The fights always devolve into a stale mate on the flight pads, camping a choke point, or spawn camping. And they destroy my FPS.

I avoid them as much as I can. I had a 5v5 in a biolab once which was actually a ton of fun. But that was only once.
  14. dBMachine

Oh god. Literally only 3 chutes you can choose from surrounded impassable terrain. Trying to push out with armor is stupid. It's mostly a problem with zergs and I try to avoid them as much as I can.... But they exist and the maps need to accommodate for them.

I'm so glad I don't spawn out of that warpgate anymore after the rotation...
  15. Madcat9

Bio Labs seem to be basically small/large outposts elevated on stilts.
  16. DreamlessLiberty

Biolabs.

They used to be my favorite but the ZOE max and lasher spam cluttering my screen has made them a rocket sniping pain. They are more work than fun.
  17. applepienation

Biolabs
    Inside of Tech Plants, outside is great.
    Inside of Amp Stations

Yah know what, I don't know most of the bases in this game so I'm just gonna complain about the bases.

I want fewer bases that are much larger, with proper walls and defenses with larger buildings. I want the satellite bases around major bases to be connected.
  18. Rift23

Towers. They could have been awesome as vertical battlegrounds but their tiny design instead boils down to two conga-lines shuffling into each other while LAs and infiltrators scramble around the outside farming kills until (surprise surprise) all the spawn exits end up camped.