What a fun game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Krakizbad, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judicator Wombat

I thought this thread was going to be about the short TTK.
  2. Losty

3. Tipsy McStagger

At what point during the install or boot of the game do they tell you about and link you to these videos? I've been on these forums since release and PSU prior and have yet to see a mention of these video until now.
  4. Armante

just go read the wikia or something. at least now the map has an intro page etc. there used to be none of that stuff in beta. instead of dropping straight into combat, go to your warpgate and move out from there. simple really
  5. Crator

SOE doesn't use the forums. Gotta go to Twitter or Facebook.
  6. Chuina

These videos are directly on the launcher when you download the game and before you launch it, click getting started. Also, there is a direct link under game overview on the official site.

Oh and also, if you look at those GIANT pictures on the launcher which rotate while you download, it is right there.
  7. Tipsy McStagger

Then damn the OP for not watching the instructions!

But seriously, be nice to newbies, it's how the community grows in a positive way rather than turning into an 'a hole' cesspool like Blizzard games, DotA and CoD.
  8. Deathbane

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.

The crown is ours, no matter the cost.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ribonucleic Acid

Spawn at warpgate, get in one of probably several galaxies, yeah sure you'll probably get hotdropped into a squad of more veteran players, but then you just respawn at the nearest outpost/sunderer and follow everyone else. You'll get used to it and learn where to spawn and how to get to the front. Just follow everyone else until you know the map fairly well. This is not a game where you are trying for a greater than 1:1 or 2:1 KDR, this is a game where tactics and territory control matter more than any one infantryman's life. Sounded less grandiose in my head, but eh.

Then again, VANGUARD TANK ZERG LULUL LETS GO GET CROWN GUYS.
  10. MrBloodworth

The Launcher.
  11. TimeyWimey

hmh good point, hadn't noticed them - well, had, but hadn't "registered" them with my brain or something if you know what I mean :p
  12. brighthand

This was talked about in the beta forums, and concerns were expressed about the fact that the current solution (tutorials and videos), are inadequate for new players. As expected, you guys are now here and are without proper preparation for battle -which is a shame, because the only way to truely see this game is by getting over those hurdles first.
  13. Jack the Smack

Wow, why do people get so mad when they die in videogames? "WAAAAH, I DIED IN PLANETSIDE 2! THIS GAME IS POORLY MADE WAAAAH" Goddamn do you know how many times I died in the first minute in Super Mario Brothers? And that game had zero tutorials.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tipsy McStagger

Talk about missing the point.

Also, how many times did you die in the first minute of SMB? This should be good.
  15. VoidMagic

Just watch out for anti-personel mimes and the beta wookie you should be fine then.
  16. Hodo

I remember back in the FIRST Tribes game there was NO tutorial. Same for WWIIOL, and Asherons Call, and even the vaunted Ultima Online.

Maybe old gamers were tougher back then, or maybe the OP is just frustrated with something else?
  17. Grimmomega

It seems like the VS send about 10% to take The Crown, the NC send 50% to take it and the TR send 99% to defend it.
  18. Tipsy McStagger

I think has more to do with how games were presented. A lot of times in those days the games had very little in the way of tutorials. FF to today and nearly every game holds your hand for a while working you through the various systems. If you are used to that and suddenly it isn't there, you should expect frustration, particularly those that do not have much in the way of patience which is common with younger demographics.
  19. Grimmomega

So, OP's a casual baby?
  20. Dornez

This is what happens with no sancts or VR training.

If you are brand new the first thing the game does is hotdrop you into the biggest firefight it can find. And we all know that drop pods always choose the best location to put you. I am not surprised this guys first experience with the game was instant death.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.