"we've Captured the facility" overlay = frame stutter and no XP from sundee spawn + more

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Grandizer

Been playing since last August on PC with no issues with stutter until update today.

Server: Emerald. Faction: Vanu

Immediately when the "we've captured the facility" overlay message in white, with the outfit logo shows hugely on the screen, there is frame stutter as it's rendering on screen, then goes away. The stutter literally freezes frames where if you're still fighting, you can't aim. Also, occasionally when hitting the map screen, as it appears, causes stutter as it's drawing in. I tried windowed full screen( which I always play full screen) and still occurs. Tried checking and unchecking Vsync and various other graphic settings to see if it would trigger a fix. I play on high setting and tried low settings and nothing worked to get rid of it.

Also, there's no XP reward for anyone spawning in the sundee. (May have missed it in some patch notes?)

The hot fix for rewards after continent lock was not fixed with today's patch

Frame stutter happened today before the 4pm hotfix and continued after.

Voice comms still broken( workaround is to disable then re-enable voice in settings and works for most people)

On a good note, for some reason, latency was pretty good. Seemed TTK was shorter than usual and pretty spot on tonight between 6pm and midnight EST. Better than I've seen even with a 38ms ping

Before anyone suggests, all drivers, cooling and such are fine, have not had any issue before this update and this is not the only game I play on PC or online. Here's specs just in case

i7 9700k
    GTX 1070TI FTW2
    32gb Ram Dual Channel
    Asrock Phantom Gaming 9 Mobo
    Dark Rock 4 Pro Cooler
  2. Grandizer

To Edit this, there is micro stutter happening throughout the game, randomly. Even after running from once place to another and back following the same path, you get this stutter in frames out of nowhere.

this is the same complaints found in Google searches after previous patches caused this.
  3. Grandizer

Another Update:

Playing now on Emerald, and frame rates are all over the place. Game is laggy. Average FPS for me on High setting, Ultra textures, is about 120FPS and in big battles over 96+ drops to about 90.but the frames are literally jumping from 120fps to 75 and back again drastically.

When doing nothing in warpgate I'm at 160-175fps with above settings, now I'm at 120.

On low graphics I pull over 240FPS in warpgate, now at 150fps.
  4. Grandizer

Another Update, just watched fps during orbital at Quartz Ridge, and FPS didn't drop, surprisingly.

Just had an overlay come up for reaching BR 84 and it totally lagged the screen.

This tells me there is something going on with game code.

Also failed to mention in original post, game assets are fine