Well ive stoped caring

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kassidus, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Kassidus

Im sure this will just get passed by, but i feel like complaining.
    Im NC Br20 on Genudine.

And thats enough its just too frustrating to play and thats it.
    I dont know if its just my server but no one defends, NC just runs around aimlessly being useless fodder for TR and Vanu, unless you count the bigger outfit AFK or ATK or whatever the **** there called running around capping empty bases and sucking up every one into there ranks, (maybe put a cap on outfit size?) anyways.

Asside from that my fav thing to do is fly reavers im good at it, often get 5 or 10 kills before i go down....but then some times I lift off and some ******* runs into me and I get to wait forever for another one assuming I even have the resources..........I am sick and tired of this horrible timer / resource aquisition system all it does is infuriate me and keep from playing how i want to play.

Ok I know I can grab a vanguard they are kinda fun....as i run over a bunch of friendlies jumping around the vehicle spawn .....oh weapons lock ok awesome I will just sit here some more.....oh never mind someone blew me up.

Think I will log off and go ***** on the forums then play something else.

This game is a joke griefers and hackers have all the fun.
    • Up x 1
  2. Luft

Can I have your stuff?
    • Up x 2
  3. CobraFive

Can I have your stuff?

Edit: man, I saw it first
  4. Luft

We'll split it.
  5. PoopMaster

You've clearly stopped caring about spelling.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jester633

Join an outfit and make some friends, seriously. That's the only way to keep any multiplayer game from becoming stale.
    • Up x 2
  7. Xandax

And if there were no resource or timer, we'd see nothing but tank/air rush and you might as well remove infantry altogether.
  8. n00biz

9. Kassidus

As for Timer/ resource I think just resource is enough, sure you could spam 2 or 3 in short order but then your out of resrouces anyways and wont be able to get one for a while. The inclusion of a timer just feels like dev greifing.

That said if people had to cert into getting vehicles there would be less spam as well.

No matter, I ll still play off an on, it has its good moments, they are just hard to look at through the rage goggles.
    But I think getting a subscription was a bad choice, I shall be turning that off.
  10. Naberius13

Hey I'm on Genudine, can I have your stuff? Our tiny outfit has noticed this. We've started inviting randoms into our squads to ride around in my short bus as we rotate between defense and cutting off supply lines to make defense easier. Find some friends and play with them, you'll enjoy it more. Or not, if not, seriously, I could use a few extra guns.
  11. badname02

Your first complaint: they're working on it. Jesus christ the game just launched and everyone expects it to evolve as much as WoW did in 4 years, but then in 2 weeks.

And the quoted part: drama-much?

I'm seriously thinking we're getting harrassed by trolling CoD\BF3 kids on these forums every now and then because once again I barely see that stuff happen...
  12. ShriekXL

I should make a post about how I stopped caring about these kind of posts.
  13. RavenGenesis

we held Indar from 8PST till now 12am and still holding it, the zerg took over Esamir and we held 2 continents...

i don't know what game you're playing or how few in minutes you played, but we held indar from the last 2 points and capped back 1/3 of the map at the time of me logging...
  14. oOCKYOo

So youre raging about 2 of the larger organized groups that can alter the continents to a large extent and possibly maintain/ advance your frontlines thus increasing your resource gain and therefore the frequency at which you can pull vehicles (level your aquisition timer if you dont like waiting besides recources) and you want to limit their ability to do this?

Care to explain why you would want to do this? I dont see how limiting outfit size helps teamwork. You can also get past this as most outfits are linked outside game. so here we have ExampleOutfit1 filled to the brim. We'll keep growing by just making ExampleOutfit2 and filling that up. Hell you could even split divisions into outfits. The only thing you would be limiting is the communication channels, not their size.
  15. TooFresh

A server that has its population split amongst multiple outfits will be much more successful overrall that if it is all under one outfit tag. In beta, one of the outfits on our server was absurdly large. They attributed their mass numbers to being "the best". Instead what really happened was their empire on the server was in fact the worst. Zero continent dominations and getting pushed around 24/7.

Come to find out that the leader of said "best outfit" only ran organized play on certain days and times. So their outfit members would log in at these times and then log out afterwards and rarely play at the off times.

Having a more consistent spread is more ideal.
  16. oOCKYOo

This is not a problem due to size, its a problem due to poor management or infrastructure. There should be multiple commanders leading smaller groups within the same outfit as well as be able to run independently of the leader.

We have the same thing where people log on roughly during the same time as you get the biggest groups then but even at platoon size there are SL's for each squad in their own channel managing 12 people instead of 1 person managing 48.

In EvE for example if you have heard of it, there is an alliance called Goonswarm. They have 10 000+ members and can alter the game for anyone anywhere if they had the motive. The reason they can do this is they have the proper leadership roles in place, logistics, communication and anything else required to organize them and effectively use their numbers.

If you have a proper command structure and say 500 players on the map in your outfit, you could roll an air division, armor division, recon groups, galaxy drops,ect. all at once keeping in mind 1 person wont be able to manage this. Leader sets and overall objective for each division. Division commander relays to platoon commanders and plans to reach said objective in his own way. Platoon commanders relay to squad commanders, ect.

If everyone for example relayed information through the Orders chat with only commanders communicating on there in an orderly fashion and working together on a continent scale, regardless if theyre in the same outfit or not you would get much better results (Not that this would ever happend thanks to everyone having their own agenda's).
  17. Tuco

So the OP is a rocketpodeer and he tends to run over friendly infantry while tanking. Remind me to keep my distance.
  18. buckthesystem

It's okay, he stoped caring so he won't be around for a while.
  19. TooFresh

While this does seem like an ideal situation, it isn't completely realistic. Even if it was. In order to ensure an equal spread of population on multiple continents during multiple play times you can't have one outfit monopolize the faction.

And all this isn't even taking into effect groupthink.
  20. oOCKYOo

I agree this is a theoretical concept and leaves a lot of variables out of consideration but which point are you refering to when you say its not realistic? :)

Can you explain why you cant have one outfit monopolize the faction?
    If said faction becomes large enough to play on all the continents and across all play times with a well structure leadership system availible across all play times one would think you could regulate the flow of troops better between places that need reinforcements and players being overkill to their situation.

Groupthink I can understand can lead to problems yes. People like doing their own thing and dont always consider alternatives. In this case I would say its mainly due to the speed at which things happen. Squad leaders generally need to make impulsive decisions and rarely have time to consider input for alternatives. The majority like to follow and therefore dont object or propose a possibly better solution.

o7