Weapons Lock is Awful

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CharAznable, Nov 23, 2012.

1. The King

Not really, everything is said within the 5 pages and everyone knows that weapon lock is a good thing.
    I've never been weapon locked once except the time where I was purposely TKing my friends to see who can get weaponlocked first.
    Those who get weaponlocked are careless creatures who think their bullets are better than everyone elses.
  2. Marinealver

3. TheKhopesh

Long story, but it has a very important point to it.

My Mom is a retired Marine.

Both my parents taught my siblings and I proper gun safety along with how to shoot since I was four years old.
    Around age seven, our favorite activity with our friends was playing "Cops and Robbers" with nerf guns (And later on, laser tag & paintball).

It was around then that Mom taught us the basics of tactical urban warfare (Those of which applied to playing with nerf guns that is).
    Shortly after, our friends decided my siblings and I were no longer allowed to play on the same team.

That being said, trust me when I say that (At least on Helios) about 30% of my fellow NC I come across are acting like they don't know how to stay out of someone's line of sight.
    They also don't seem to get that if they are running back toward me, and I'm shooting at the guys trying to kill them, then they stand a better chance of living if they don't interrupt that 4 inch diameter stream of bullets flying through the air.

At age seven my brother and I knew, If I was taking heavy fire, retreat to the group without getting in his way as he returned fire. Hell, even with nerf guns when one of us screwed up and got in someones way, the other was to keep firing (Even if it hit the person retreating) because the person who messed up got better at it the next time. In a life and death situation (Provided it wasn't my brother or anyone else I cared about), I'd mow through a ret@rded ally in a second if it meant not allowing his stupid @ss to get me killed along with him.

How can grown-@ss men not grasp the simple concept of "Don't run into a friendlies line of sight AFTER he's already started shooting"?
  4. Phrygen

never been locked, unless i wanted to get locked.
  5. SinerAthin

It's the lethal form of grease. We're firing molten plasma, just saying "Shoot 'em up" sounds boring and generic in comparison :p

And hey, my character is female so she is excused, be it greasing unfortunately allies or driving over even more unfortunate ones! :D
  6. Zenanii

700h of playtime and I've been weapon-locked twice.

It's not the system at fault, it's you.
  7. Jkar

Never been weapon locked so far and I use the Lasher. The only time I come close to weapon locking is when some idiot thinks it's funny to come up on me and knife or shoot me. If it happens only once it's not big deal, but if the guy is constantly annoying me I'll hunt down his *** until I get the final warning.
  8. Czuuk

Necro thread is necro? If you get weapon locked, your aim is even worse than mine. And I have a 0.39 KD.
  9. Ravenorth

I´ve played since the beta and I´ve never had my weapons locked, I just dont understand how people manage to do it.
  10. NinjaTurtle

300 hours played not locked once
  11. TrenchDigger

never been weapon locked. OP is doing it wrong
  12. Hobo Jack

never once been weapon locked.
  13. Crashsplash

No I think the vast majority have never been weapon locked.

The only thing wrong is that you don't know how much grief you have accumulated.
  14. Infinity24k

Simply stop being a spy. This ain´t Team Fortress.

I actually like the system of grief here. A barometer display of your grief-level could be used by some idiots to kill others on purpose while staying below the level of weaponlock. Till yo uget locked you will have to deal alot of damage to your own empire so the lock is defenitely appropiate. Besides that the lock doesn´t take too long so it isn´t a big problem.
    To me it is perfect.
  15. Zombo

i never got weapon locked, and even i had the occasional "flash rams into your back" teamkill

if you would have a % of grief until it hits 100% and locks you, people would use that for knowing how much exacly they can still grief before they get locked, terrible idea
    i like the current system just as it is, but a sunderer C4 should give you instant weapon lock (yes, even if there are smartasses saying "your sunderer was at a bad spot hurrdurr", most people just misuse this explanation)
    • Up x 1
  16. Hookie

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I completely agree with this guy - THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE FACT IS - PS2 Players are (not smart) to say the least, and consistently run into your fire during the course of battles.

I for the first time have had a weapons lock for more then 5 mins - and I have been playing since BETA.

PS2 needs to think this over
    Along with the crazy bull (brown stuff) kills that happen when some moron is sat under your sunderer when it blows up - or when your shot down by enemies and some how the little pieces crush your friendlies and lets not also forget if your tank is blown up on a hill and all the pieces roll backward onto your entire platoon... Of course the biggest and most prominent problem is and I say this with extreme Emphasis (EXTREMELY STUPID PS2 PLAYERS) Who love to run in front of bullets just to see what your shooting at...

SOE - PLEASE REVIEW THIS ASAP - IT'S GETTING RIDICULOUS HOW LONG WE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SYSTEM
    • Up x 1
  17. MonnyMoony

Me either. I have had a few warnings usually when i'm using a wide splash damage weapon like the Supernova on my magrider or Lasher in a compact battle zone.

Personally - I think the amount of time it takes to get a weapon lock should be increased - but a negative XP system introduced. That way if you TK a team mate - or hit them thereby contributing to their demise - you get XP deducted.

That should make people more careful, discourage intentional TKers and could put paid to 4th faction TKers/Griefers (it should make such people easy to identify as they would likely have negative XP and could be investigated by SOE and banned if found to be griefing).
  18. Hicksimus

Night of the living thread right here.
  19. MonnyMoony

Doesn't really matter - the subject is still valid. Had the person above me started a new thread - undoubtedly somebody would have linked to an old thread on the same subject and berated them for not using search and starting new threads for things that have been discussed previously.

You can't win on forumside.
    • Up x 1