Weapon lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brutus, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Brutus

This is beyond a joke, I am constantly being punished for other peoples stupidity. i can be standing out in the middle of no where and yet someone will manage to run in front of me and bam... weapon locked.

Something needs to change. The current system is flawed. It does not work.
  2. Xandax

What needs to change is peoples awareness when they pull the trigger and empty a clip with spray n' pray. Especially when weapon lock isn't just something which happens on the first shot.
  3. Brutus

You sure about that? I never ever intentionally TK, It's easy to sit there and say be aware of my surrounding but i am. When someone takes a grenade and drops down to 1 bar left then decides its a good idea to run in front of me what am i meant to do? He's dead before i even see him in front of me. Am i meant to just stop shooting until i'm alone?
  4. Golden_Dem0n

I do sometimes accidentally TK or inflict team damage (people running in front of a full speeding lighting, a flash thinking it can go through my vanguard side to side, a guy that wants to see what I am actively shooting at from my scope's perspective, an engi suddenly realising repairing a backing vehicle from behind is not a good idea...), I regard myself as a carefree guy as far as team damage goes but I'm always far from weapons lock (really, got it only once in beta... bad grenade throwing day!) so you must be doing something really wrong...

Have to say, all those messages everytime I f'ing hit a friendly are quite annoying... OK, maybe the noobs should get them till X br so they learn it, but unless you are doing some serious friendly fire they should be gone after a certain exp point.
  5. Brutus

I might get the unlucky nade throw or something like that but all i do i am not sitting there full autoing into my team. no fraking way. After the first weapon lock i was super careful. But even if i clip someone whos running past and dont kill them it gets locked. It's not me. im not making these people run into my line of fire. i stop every few shots and make sure. yet somehow i get lock after lock.
  6. Mightyhalo

If you get weapon locked it means you deserve it for being a careless ***.
  7. NorthPlum

I have two accounts that are level 20, and another account that is level 5, and I have NEVER been weapons locked. I frequently run Sunderers and sometimes on the occasion run tanks. I have never been weapons locked and I run plenty of people down. You must be running a lot of people down to be weapons locked.
  8. Mietz

Implying team-mates have always full health and shield up, which they don't.
    Implying you have any kind of FOV when scoped in on even just a 2x scope.
    Implying everyone will not just bunch up around an exit and one munchkin will run out to throw his pro-grenade and die to all people shooting him in the back.
    Implying FF is not handled clientside like hit-detection and in effect registers hits that didn't even hit the target (like on enemies) giving a completely exaggerated damage-output.
    Implying vehicles stop without inertia and turn on a dime.
    Implying vehicle drivers have any kind of FOV and the map is big enough to even distinguish infantry on it (pro-tip, its not, even zoomed in)
    Implying draw-distance isn't an issue where half your team disappears because its not rendered.
    • Up x 1
  9. RAS

What actually needs to change is people like you who are naive ( having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; ) when posting replies and trying to make yourself look good , which by the way you failed .

The game is full of people who cause grief to others in lots of ways that the person getting the grief has NO control over , so instead of trying to sound like an elite player either post solutions to a problem or move on .

Back to the post , been saying it since closed beta , grief is an issue that needs sorting out asap , with low ttk's and the ease of vehicles killing friendlies its a big issue .
  10. Izriul

No.

I haven't had my weapons locked yet, but I have TK'd people who just CLUELESSLY run infront of my firing turret because they know (Hope) I'll stop shooting. Often they do it because they want to kill the guy I've just taken to 90% HP.

I'll continue to keep shooting.

You get idiots who just run in a room after they've seen you throw a nade in there.

On the other foot, you get IDIOT tank drivers as well. I dodged a tank goign full speed ahead, only for him to stop, reverse and ram me into a wall, because...I dodged him.

TK needs to have a different rule set

If you TK while there's enemies in close proximity, it stays as it is.

If you TK with a weapon while no enemies are around, harsher punishment.

If you TK a sunderer, you have your own sunderer removed (if you have one) and locked out from buying one for a lengthy amount of time.

If you run someone over, first time is as it is, second time you get a speed debuff for X amount of seconds, third time you get locked.

Currently there are a lot of mistaken TKs, but there is also CLUELESSNESS from other friendlies and griefing.

Who should be more aware? The guy firing a LOUD *** GUN at someone, with their field of vision crunched together, or the guy running infront of the LOUD *** GUN. No, the guy firing is in MOST cases not the one who needs awareness.
  11. Holy Psycho

love these guys permanently strafing in front of my ingi-turret while enemy corps running through that door im aiming at. cant kill only one till a sniper gets me a headshot. why didnt they strafe behind me to have a lil xtra protection from my turret?! *tears in my eyes*
  12. Brutus

It's good to see some people get it.