Weapon for NC medic.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ximaster, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I restarted my NC char again,i dont lose the weapons builded with real money,but this time im going to focus on combat medic,i changed to combat medic for the cert fabric was this class,like one user on this forum said,that class or the engineer are good for equip the other 4 classes. But dunno which weapon was the best for an assistant class like combat medic is,im undecided between the default Mauler or the Carnage AR. With shotgun (i test Mauler in battlefield) i can do TRUE damage in close quarters but in medium to long distances,lacks of damage. With Carnage AR i can do good damage in close to medium distances and its better than GR-22 causes do more damage in longer distances (as well as describes the game) but im not good aiming with assault rifles. The advantage of Carnage AR versus GR-22 its his advanced grip,that GR-22 not have. Actually i have as secondary skill,the advanced shield capacitor and leveling up healing armor and the healing pistol (dunno the names of those)

Im waiting for a response.
  2. Ximaster

Well forgot about the Carnage im going to buy a shotgun,between Pistón or GD-66 Claw,which one its better???
  3. UberNoob1337101

I REALLY reccommend that you buy and try Carnage AR. The gun is godly, possibly my favorite NC AR.

If you're really interested in shotguns though, to me the clear winner is GD-66 Claw. Less downtime, better accuracy and shorter reload make it a better gun than a shotgun with everything slightly worse but with an adsitional pellet.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kalari

im gonna have to second the carnage.
    ur gonna be near the front lines and the carnage is a damn good close range AR. i have a 2x reflex, comp and fore grip on mine
    • Up x 1
  5. Ximaster

Well,im going to buy the Carnage AR when i have the money,that now i know that i cannot have. So my two other options was to build with certs the burst Gauss or the Warden. Players in game said that for medium to close combat,burst Gauss its better,and Warden if i go for headshots,what do u think????
    • Up x 1
  6. Iridar51

NC1 Gauss Rifle is all you're ever gonna need for NC medic. At least don't buy weapons with money..
  7. Kalari

dont touch battle rifles. worst certs i ever spent i got it when it was 250 certs and i regret it.
    cant say anything about the burst gauss as it didnt appeal to me
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

Gauss Rifle Burst is better at range than Gauss Rifle the same way a semi auto sniper is better in close quarters than a pistol because it has higher DPS :confused:
  9. Drunk

If your primary goal is cert farming, upgare your revive tool instead - it earns certs faster and more reliably than killing. Your default NC1 Gauss Rifle provides quite a lot of accurate punch at mid range, in almost any reasonable situation. And if you constantly find yourself in 1 vs 1 CQC or constantly play hide and seek games against snipers at extreemely long ranges - you are doing something that is not very wise nor effective for a cert farming medic ;)
  10. Ximaster

I only need one level to maximize revive tool and about combat,i must evade 1 versus 1 CQC?? And if i buy the GD-66 Claw shotgun instead of Carnage AR?????
  11. TheKhopesh

Yeah, battle rifles really suck (It would be cool if they were designated HA counter assault weapons that ignored HA shields entirely, that alone would make them good as a niche weapon class!)

As far as burst weapons, wait til the FSRM removal update comes out.
    I auraxed my Gauss Rifle Burst about a year or so back, and it was as enjoyable as I imagine pulling teeth while gargling ghost pepper hot sauce would be.
    The TR/VS burst weapons aren't as bad (still downgrades IMO, but not even close to as bad as the NC's), as they have a 3x burst and are more efficient for close ranges, but getting that 167 tier bloom with the 2.15x FSRM every 2 shots on the GRB makes it garbage for ranged use, and hideous for hipfire as well.

One last thought on burst variant weapons:
    They all have "burst" in the name/description, so why not give them all 2x and 3x burst options?
    Leave the TR/VS ones on 3x and the NC's on 2x by default, but allow the TR/VS ones to filter through to 3x and then semi-auto, and let the NC's filter to 3x then semi-auto.
    They're BURST weapons, so why not give them both the options for whichever you prefer in that situation?
    (The Carbine/AR S variants of the same weapons have full auto, 2x, 3x, and semi-auto modes, so why not allow the burst weapons to have all the burst options?)

++Edit++
    The Carbine/AR S variants used to have all these options, but apparently they were removed.
    I remember when I first auraxiumed the Gauss Rifle S (my first AR auraxium, I liked the extra stability that the slower fire rate and compensator gave), and I clearly remember liking the 3x burst mode better, but having to filter through the 2x burst to get to the 3x mode, and then through the semi-auto to get back to full auto.
    So I just stopped using the fire modes altogether and stuck with bursting in automatic.
    (It was early 2013, and I was still a newbie, so I had trouble with bursting properly and the fire modes helped with my newbie inaccuracy.)
  12. Turiel =RL=

The Carnage is nice, because it is basically a copy of the Orion, although it only comes with a 30 shot mag. As everything in this game, it is situational. In close combat you may prefer the GR-22, because of the shorter TTK.

Basically I run two setups:
    1. Defense/Indoor: GR-22, Flak Armor
    2. Offense/Outdoor: Carnage, Nano Armor
  13. Drunk

You should upgrade your revive tool to as high level as possible, preferably max. It makes a difference in reach, speed of reviving (at max level you can revive just runing past the corpse, without even stopping) and the ammount of HP restored upon ressurection (at max level it is 100% HP).

If you want to farm as a medic, you must keep enough of your teammates alive between you and the enemy during fights all the time, distance to enemy doesn't really matters that much. More important is to keep the right distance/position between you and your fighting team members. And most of your kills should come from finnishing off enemies while they are busy with your teammates in front of you or if you are the only survivor left. Your enemies will probably be quite low on health/shields at that point anyway. Very roughly (thoug not exactly), 2 revivals = 1 kill in certs equivalent, so set your priorties right :)

As for the shotgun vs AR - I don't feel qualified to speak, because I do not use shotguns, even in CQC. Concerning your weapon, the only thing I would invest certs into - 1x-2x sights ant laser sight for the default AR.