Weapon Customization, or Lack of.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Littleman, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Littleman

This is something that has bothered me since release and I glanced over the cert trees for the weaponry. For the most part, the only real options available are found in the scopes. I get that my long range rifle, the SABR-13, is a long range rifle and high velocity rounds are a natural choice, but where are the options for alternatives like soft point, or even an extended magazine? Why has the original T1 been left void of a compensator attachment? Or hell, underbarrel launchers?

Basically, I feel that pretty much all weapon certification lists are telling me "your gun isn't at 100% yet" which I feel is just... wrong, especially when considering what the intention of the cert system and attachments was in the first place. Then I have pity for the free players, paying up 250-1000 certs for a gun (some just offering another firing mode, couldn't that be an ammo attachment: "Firing mode" additions?) only to find they'll have to put around 400 more into it afterwards to bring it up to the point where it's supposed to be, because besides scopes, those are the only real attachments worth taking. Flashlights don't count. Where are the options, SOE?