[Suggestion] We want a few "Quality of Life" updates/patches

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragmon, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Ragmon

Hey guys, been playing since beta and I don't know about you but we have given up on a lot quality of life requests and complaints, since then. I wish to repeat some of those suggestions and requests.

1. Crosshair customization. Why don't we still have option to customize it? I my self lose track of the white crosshair multiple times during a session, and I can't even see the crosshair dot most of the time when I use a MAX. Please add this already SOE, this is a basic feature in most FPS games.
    2. HUD customization. Now this is not as common of a request but geez it would be so useful. A lot of people have said already that they don't need some or most of the things on the players HUD and would like to disable them or just simply move them. I would freakin' would love to see this feature in the game.
    3. Exact numbers in the descriptions for attachments and upgrades. I don't want to purchase something that states: High velocity bullet - "High velocity ammunition has a faster travel time and is more effective at long range.". This is cool and all, but follow it up with numbers, like: (random numbers) X dmg up to 50 meters -> X dmg up to 70 meters. Or bullet drop decreased by 10% and so on.
    4. Distance meters in all scopes. Its not like we are in the middle ages that we have to approximate the distance of our targets. F! the Implant distance meter...thats just insulting.
    5. Vision enhancement for MAX-es. Basically the idea for MAX-es to have an "eye slot" where we would be able to purchase the features that the scopes provide. Zoom, thermal vision, night vision and so forth. Just add it to the "B" button.
    Some thing just from me, or I missed on the forums (General suggestions, NOT Quality of Life stuff):
    1. Heavier foot step sounds for everyone (Personal suggestion). I just hate it when I'm sitting at a capture point in a building (ghost capping) and a heavy runs in and I just so happen to be looking the other way, and I don't hear him at any point, not even if he runs up to me.
    2. A limit on how many times a person can be resurrected without needing to re-spawn at a spawn-point. OR put a cap on how many times a medic can resurrect some one.
    3. Rename the Combat Medic to Cleric or Necromancer (Unless you adopt the above mentioned suggestion).
    4. For the engineer, allow him to only carry 1 (one) turret per resupplying, but allow him to pick it up if he wants to move it.
    5. Light assault, I don't care that its the best class in the game period, and it would be OP to give it any utility item (not sarcasm)....but give it a Utility item already. ANY will do. Adrenalin pump in the form of a stimpack, an Implant that doesn't use up energy, maybe a dart gun the darts would attach to enemies and would constantly show their location, even infiltrators.....something.
    6. Here is the big one, take all of the small basses and move them next to larger bases, or jusr merge them. Thus creating multiple larger bases, BUT keep them tied together with the lattice system, just move the small bases....I hope this idea is clear. Just move 'em, nothing more nothing less.... ok its not that simple but the concept and results are.
    7. Increase the CoF on SMGs. I have nothing to add to this.
    8. Better accuracy on anti-air guns at long ranges.
    9. SHIELDS ON BASE TURRETS...I can't stress this enough. Same as with gate shields, they would be up until the shield generator(s) are not destroyed. Thus tanks and planes could not just swarm bases that easily, and this way vehicles would be reliant on infantry to get close to a base.
    I think that is enough for now. Cheers guys. (Why these colors? Cause its easier on my eyes.)
    • Up x 1
  2. Yeahy

I agree with the first 7 but the rest not so much. The rest wouldn't be really "quality of life" updates, just general revamps.
  3. Ragmon

Well in hindsight...yea. I was on a roll with typing (It has been edited now).
  4. Nemetis

Totally agree at 8!

We can only shot near aircrafts.. the far away ones, its like a lottery to hit..
  5. Radh

"Light assault, I don't care that its the best class in the game period, and it would be OP to give it any utility item (not sarcasm)....but give it a Utility item already. ANY will do. Adrenalin pump in the form of a stimpack, an Implant that doesn't use up energy, maybe a dart gun the darts would attach to enemies and would constantly show their location, even infiltrators.....something."

Hmm... maybe Upgrading Device, placed on ground like Motion Spotter but not showed on minimap until q-spotted.
    It will upgrade one nearest friendly device, bigger radius of Motion Spotter (maybe 2 meters), less downtime on Spawn Beacon (some seconds), faster reload on Mana Turret etc.
    LA can place only one at a time. Upgrading Device will have 5 meters radius and will connect with nearest friendly device.
    Upgrading Device can't upgrade other Upgrading Device.

Something like that, just to give LA support option.
  6. Ragmon

Interesting, never would have thought of that one.