[Suggestion] We need new things.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Hotbread

The title is vague because the suggestion is vague.
    We need new things, SOE. The fact that we're celebrating the 2 year anniversary with just 1 new continent and 1 new vehicle is an embarrassment.
    Sure, the overall game is better than launch. But improving the hit detection does not keep players coming back. Nor does adding more hats you can buy, or weapons that fire slightly faster than the one they have now.
    We need new content. Whether it's new areas to play in (preferable) or new toys to mess around with. A game that I'm paying monthly for shouldn't be adding less content that one I paid a flat price for a year ago.
    TLDR: We need more new things.
    • Up x 7
  2. Pikachu

There's 2 new vehicles. We did get some unique weapons once, ESRL and ES MAX AV weapons but they turned into fiaskos. Bugged, over- or under powered, unused by players. The retro nerfers are having their way with ravens now, even though it was considered fine for ages.
  3. Grumblefern

I personally think a lot of existing things are long overdue for improvement, much more so than we need anything new.

Edit: some example just to give you an idea where I'm coming from -

Most semi-auto weapons/slugs are awful
    143/652 tier automatics are lackluster compared to 167dmg options
    SAW especially since it's NC's starter LMG is too unwieldy
    Anchor/Lockdown are rather boring abilities
    ZOE sucks and NC's shield is buggy too
    Old weapon models especially VS but a fair number of TR and NC's are bad too

etc. etc.

It wasn't considered fine, it just wasn't ZOE or PPA level overpowered so the complaints are fewer and further between. They've been overpowered for a long time(that or Vortex/Fractures are way underpowered) though and vehicle players especially know this well.
    • Up x 1
  4. VaIhall

ravens are getting nerfed because everything else has been nerfed so now ravens are outperforming all the other things that got nerfed
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

[IMG]
  6. Leftconsin

What have we gotten in November? New bugs and bug fixes. Dev time I believe is being consumed by two things right now.

1. Playstation 4, a thing I will never use.
    2. Nerfing things I use so I will never use them again.
  7. KnightCole

This game has made such little damn progress cuz so much time has been wasted nerfing this, nerfing that, and catering to the FoTM crowd that changes factions to fit their FOTM cravings.....

Revert this game's weapon stats to like start of 2013 and leave it there. Work on other progress and content and bug fixes beyond that.
    • Up x 2
  8. Goretzu

A pure A2A fighter - this would help the Air game immensely.
  9. p10k56

Only thing i want to see now is to reduced Galaxy health on par with Liberator.
    Then add new redeploy rule.
    And then finally see more front line air transport.
  10. Pikachu

We can't expect to get stuff every month. ;) You're a lot negative lately, like KnightCole.
  11. SerasVic

???

You need skyguard auraxium that baddly?
    It's actually going to make the opposite and make the game a lot more frustrating.
  12. p10k56

No but galaxy is heavy transport not gunship in reality it should be less resistant then Lib.
    Also fully maned Galaxy is more ESF resistant then liberator.
    Also now when we have new toy to transport men around Galaxy do not need its OP stats anymore.
    And redeploy is overused. Best fights are between bases but thanks to redeploy every single battle is siege.
  13. OldMaster80

The problem is that f**king ps4 version. Adapting the UI and make the game run on that crap hardware is draining tons of resources from the devs team.

That's true we need newstuff but that's not new weapons nor vehicles (we already the Valkyrie and it's in terrible conditions). We need what they promised, what was in the roadmap and has been forgotten: resources revamp, mission system, fix for redeployside, working warpgates, focus on territory and resources control.
  14. SerasVic

Actually there is a kind of working "food chain" in air:

ESF > Lib > Galaxy > ESF

implying equal skills ofc
  15. Leftconsin

And everything eats the Valk.
    I swear I die pointlessly every time I get in one of those things. Now I just refuse to go near them unless I'm trying to shoot it down.
  16. Dcrd

As vanu only infantry:
    Harasser - another vehicle for people who want high KDA but can't play, just like tanks.
    Valkyrie - nonfactor, barely noticable personally for me.
    Phaseshift - kept me for a week - was kind fun to play with but only because there was nothing else to do. Useless weapon
    Spiker - useless weapon.
    Crossbow - useless weapon
    Stalker cloaking - useless (LOOK AT ME I CRAWL AROUND WITH A BEAMER IMA USEFUL SPY)
    Implants - had so much potential, made into useless stuff that barely affects gameplay (inb4: Regenerating sitting behind trees is a huge gameplay change).

All in all - all personally I've got since release is Hossin which is an amazing continent, on par with Indar or even better - very, very, very well made, a useless toy to play around with for a week (Phaseshift) and optimisation which keeps rolling for 2+ years already and the game still gives **** fps, even if it's better when it used to be.

What could help is some sort of customatization and some weapons that work differently from the ones we already have.
    Oh my feels when I saw the directives rewards. First you aurax the XM98, then you aurax the V10, then Parallax, then Ghost - and they all are exactly the same. A little different velocity or reload times - doesn't matter - those guns are the same overall, and play the same.

Why can't we have a BASR that pierces walls, some kind of a stungun for a secondary that will stun people and make them unable to attack, so you can finish them off with your primary or something. Remote mine layer, starcraft-style running mines, damn teleportation beacon that would teleport you to the place they were set up on use or when you're near death, something like that. Some fun stuff that actaually has an effect on the gameplay.

Personally, it won't take me more then 1 day to come up with loads of innovative and empire specific weapons and tools for every class which would diversify gameplay alot and it's beyond me why 2 years after release all PS2 has is new guns which are the exact copies of previous ones and one new continent.
  17. Dcrd

People who write code and come up with various gameplay ideas are different, I'm pretty sure. Unless there is one guy that does litelrally everything.
  18. HadesR

Sadly in general the community doesn't seem to agree with (1) so (2) continues to grow ... Add to that the standard bug fixes that happen and a limited Dev team are stretched so features become delayed ...

19. Moonheart

I do think the players are at fault, too.

People keep whinning since that game is online that their weapons are not good enough, and that opponent weapons are too good.
    Honestly, while it could be true if you focus on a particular kind of weapon, that is not important as long as the three empires have an equal share on victories: it does mean that the pro/con of each empire is on par with the pro/con of others.

Nerf/up can go forever without players ever agreeing that there is nothing left to whine about, balance being an everlasting topic in any pvp game.... meanwhile, the devs spend a huge amount of time to listen, analysis, and try to "fix" weapons, and have, on the other hand, probably less time to design new content.

When the players would understand there is more important to do than fix a localized unbalance when the empires are balanced overall, like building more content, we will have done a huge step forward.

In other words: Don't listen whiners so much, SOE. Do less nerf and more content, please.
  20. MuNrOe

Ants