[Suggestion] We need an actual headshot indicator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Shady Engineer, Dec 6, 2016.

1. The Shady Engineer

So ever since the Lynx got buffed I've been playing with it a lot. Quick side note, awesome job Daybreak, really loving the new Lynx.

Anywho, for those who don't know, the Lynx is a low damage model carbine. 125 up to 15 meters and 100 damage at 50 meters. This damage model brings up 2 problems when trying to determine whether or not you're shooting the enemy planetman in the head-

1) The "critical damage" big circle triggers at 250 (?) damage or more so outside of that 15m radius, it won't trigger for the Lynx. Not even within those 15m when shooting resist shielded heavies.

2) When the weapon cycles at 910 RPM, good luck trying to distinguish bodyshot thud from headshot dink.

We need a consistent HS indicator. Maybe make the hit marker bright red when hitting the head or lower the threshold for the "critical damage" circle. The current auditory feedback is just not enough.
    • Up x 5
  2. The Shady Engineer

Somewhat shameless bump. :D
  3. Gundem

I've asked multiple times on Reddit, and despite the overwhelmingly positive response, I've been almost entirely ignored.

I doubt you'll have much more luck here, but hey, have an updoot.
    • Up x 1
  4. SoljVS

When you hit someone in the head it makes that helmet pong sound does it not? I'm pretty sure I hear it no matter what weapon I'm using IIRC.