We absolutely need special titles for unique achievements

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hael, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hael

As a little vanity feature, custom titles are a great way to further emphasize what sort of gameplay you tend to lean towards, as well as highlight some over-the-top feats you may have performed. Fighting games have them. CoD has them, and they're fun little unlocks that really extend gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  2. So Nasty

I think it would be interesting to have specialization titles. Say if you've mastered (or invested a large percentage of certs in) a class or vehicle, you should unlock a special title. Maybe even scaling titles? ESF pilots for instance could progress from Wingman->Flyboy->Dogfighter. Obviously someone more creative than I would come up with the titles. :) It adds a simple to implement reward for players who dedicate their time to a particular role and indicates to others that they are experienced in those roles.
    • Up x 1
  3. Maximilious

4. h1perkarma

[GRFE] DaBEstMEDICInDAWeST h1perkarma.

Has a ring to it.
  5. Garrix

Maybe add titles for completions in certain trees? Only issue I can see with that is a large percentage of class tree unlocks are weapons and mods you might never use. That and suit unlocks, which again, seems redundant.
  6. centurionvi

I think it would be cool if once you shoot down so many planes you get to add your own call sign, like "Maverick" or "Iceman".
  7. SuperLexatron

While I don't like the mention of CoD... :p

Totally agree.

Things like: Capturing a continent, unlocking an entire class/vehicle skill tree, 'X' amount of kills against 'X' unit, going on a mad killstreak (could be multiple tiers to this one), 'X' hours of gameplay - the possibilities are almost endless.

The current title system is very plain.
  8. So Nasty

I didn't think of capturing a continent or killstreak titles. Great points, Lex!