WDS New Scoring System Makes No Sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zotamedu, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

So the new system was supposed to balance the scores so ghost capping a continent would be worth much less. It seems this system fails completely at that. I just checked Esamir on Waterson and NC had 61 % population and TR had 35 % population. So NC should get the lowest score right because they are vastly out populating the other factions. That should mean that the two factions who are out populated should get more right? Apparently not. At 35 % population facing a force of 61 % that was only focusing on TR since VS was already warpageted and we still get the lowest points possible? Indar on the other had where TR has 35 %, NC 33 % and VS has 30 %, the bases are worth almost full score.

To make even more sense, when the Alert filled Indar up, then we got full points for equal population.

So this system does not reward defending a continent from a ghost cap at all, it rewards pouring all forces to Indar. Thank you for giving us even less incentives to play anywhere but Indar.

So the logical solution would be to scale the points based on population balance instead of maximal continent population. If you had done that, the silly 50 % bonus would not be needed since the lower populated facitions would get more points at all time based on the current population.

You already have this system for experience, it can't be that hard to just copy the code and apply it on WDS score.
  2. Liquid23

score system is fine... TR are in 3rd place for the week therefor buff TR and nerf Vanu and NC!!!!
  3. Tommyp2006

I've given up on the WDS, the game is so poorly balanced by the map layouts, that it's impossible to ever have a close competition. I think they underestimate how big of an effect their population multiplier is having, and how the underdog bonus for capping against the leader doesn't nearly make up for that multiplier.
  4. MrMurdok

I still can't fathom why people care about an event that for 4 out of six weeks was based on which faction can stay up the latest to ghost cap Amerish.

However, it is kind of funny seeing all the TR compalints since we've been put in the same position as the VS and NC- underpopped, with a lesser warpgate position.

Where's the "hurr durr Tee Arr skillz muh tucticool soupiriority" That I've been reading so far?
    • Up x 1
  5. Zotamedu

I play only TR on Waterson and most of my faction is stupid beyond belief. There's been many times when I've been close to creating an alt just to team kill the idiots so they would move on and do something even remotely useful. Like the time where we had a population advantage on an Indar territory alert and still managed to end up on 14 % territory because most of the TR population refused to leave Allatum Bio. They also like to split the map down the middle during Alerts on Amerish so we then leave the other two factions no other choice than to double team us. The shear stupidity I've seen amongst my fellow TR is sometime beyond comprehension.
  6. Prudentia

i see the same on cobalt with my NC alt, most zerglings there have the IQ of toast. on Miller the zerlings atleast get up the IQ of an actual SC2 zergling ( and more outfits who know what they are doing)
  7. ArmedGoose

Never existed in the first place. What they had for a while was pure zergling superiority.
    But without extreme population advantage they have... almost nothing. A few really good outfits but that alone aint enough.
    With equal populations TR are only mildly annoying but hardly a real danger for anyone; under the same conditions the smurfs are far more dangerous. At least on Miller that is... :)