WATERSON people must read

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dead soldier, May 14, 2013.

1. Dead soldier

Not really a bug just a concern. I'm Vanu waterson and I'm really sick and tired of TR having 50+% pop and NC getting like 33+% and VS are just like 20-%. Really, VS can have some good pushes but when TR get anoyed they get the biggest zerg ever and crush whoever they choose.For the past couple days TR has had the highest pop on each continent by like 10% every time of the day. plz TR, show vanu some love and SOE nerf the striker and/or fracture, it sends out level 2-3 lancer shots (damage wise) at much faster fire rate (cause u don't have to charge it).
  2. SiosDashcR

It's not the VS that's bad.

It's just overpopulation.

Did you know on some servers, the population is the complete opposite?

Take for example on Helios, where the TR there is in the same boat as the VS on Waterson. They suffer the same rough percentage numbers while VS and NC on Helios runs around and steam rolls TR.

Get a grip. Population imbalances doesn't favor one faction, except maybe the NC (who seems to be consistently on top of population).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=54
    • Up x 9
  3. Alarox

1.) If you admit this isn't a bug, then don't put this in a bug section.
    2.) Actually, TR/NC fluctuate between having the largest population throughout the day.
    • Up x 1
  4. hihihilolHI

The Vanu still hold their own, even when they have 20 percent pop and tr has 50.
  5. Chioxin

TR doesn't need a nerf. The servers just need some help balancing out the populations. NC is just as powerful as TR on Waterson during prime time. It's the EU players we have because "Total Biscuit" was on our server. Honestly, I hope this fiasco maybe teaches Total Biscuit that he should NOT announce the server he's going to play on, because it destroys it.

Anyway... Haven't had a problem with TR weaponry... Just waiting for transfer tokens to come out and seeing if we get any more Vanu out of it... or if some TR/NC bleed off to try other servers where they'll find a challenge.

My main concern for this, is if skilled TR and NC players will bail on our Waterson server. As a VS, I want your populations to even out to ours, but I want the skilled guys to stay. They're fun to play against. =(
  6. NoctD

What happened last night was stupid and Vanu have themselves to blame mostly... almost uncapped Indar but some outfits decided to fight NC far to the south instead of pushing the TR as instructed. We failed because we weren't united as a faction, and then there was the matter of relying/hoping the NC would be of any good, but they couldn't even cap off Camp Waterson with Vanu in between them and the TR warpgate as a buffer!

We almost had it done, but yeah go find those spineless Vanu outfits and leaders that just ignored repeated calls to push the TR!
  7. Shakugan

I think they should lock out character creation for the empire that has the most population. That way the other empire has a chance to grow and when they are close to balancing out then lift the lock restriction.
    • Up x 4
  8. MFP_TK_01

Must be Aussie daily prime time again.
  9. Badname3073

Yes, it was epic. The Vanu came to Indar to their decisive battle, young and elder alike. Esamir and Amerish were devoid of the Vanu. They ignored NC and pushed TR, all of them as one. They fought mightily, hundreds of Scythes, hordes of Magriders, and a few HAs who ran out of resources earlier. But alas, in vain. The TR cowardly won the battle and shamefully kept their lock.
  10. Poet

I must log in at the wrong times, because when I'm on, TR and VS have equal numbers and we're completely dominated by BC.
    • Up x 1
  11. MFP_TK_01

So what you want is a game that showcases 3 factions but will only offer you one, maybe 2. That sounds a bit like false advertisement there.
  12. Dead soldier

They actually don't TR had all continents and they always have the highest pops.
    I didn't know ehere else to put this and it said GAMEPLAY bugs and I thought that fit the descrption better than any other section
    I just want a way for the TR to get less pop
  13. Mythicrose12

That's because according to select TR posters VS has an alliance with NC, VS have OP everything, and I'm forgetting something....Oh! Riiight. VS are Easy Mode, TR are Hard Mode! :rolleyes:

@OP Nerfing the Striker or Fracture won't do squat to balance population.
  14. Badname3073

You are wrong. It is NC who are Easy Mode. VS are Normal Mode, and TR are Elite Mode.
    • Up x 1
  15. SiosDashcR

It's how servers are recommended.

Unless you plan to show the world of how an unconstructive post is done, I would suggest to gather up as much stats and factual information to prove your point.

I've given you the spreadsheet site already to do so.

Now the rest is in your hands.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dead soldier

To me, TR is spray and pray. bullet drop, i think only occurs at 200 meters and bullets travel slower. the max lancer thing sucks. cause u can't kill infantry like the fracture. BTW ur character is VS, why hate them?
  17. Kupcake

This was a good post.

Postscript: It actually wasn't. Please exercise higher standards for yourself next time.

And to the OP, it's not really about any one faction, and it's not about balance. It's usually down to other factors. In the case of Waterson TR, they got the Total Biscuit bump early on. For Helios and Connery, it's the fact that Chinese players stack a single faction on each of those servers. On Helios, TR is the high skill, low numbers faction. This is starting to change since they got the top WG back on Indar, mind you, but that's how it was for the longest time.

What this game really needs isn't ES nerfs but mechanics in place which crack down on faction stacking by the 4th faction. I feel your pain, honestly. I've been in plenty of alerts where it was 60 NC, 20 VS, 20 TR, with 50+ NC world pop.
  18. Mythicrose12

I don't hate the VS at all. The poster I quoted stated even at 20% pop, VS holds it own against TR. As a result many predominant Waterson TR come on here to always say this only because VS has OP stuff, forms alliances with the NC, yadd, yadda, yadda.

Nerfing the striker and/or fracture will not change Waterson's population balance.

Actually, it was a good post in regards to the one I quoted. When the TR hordes get pushed back to the warpgates, it's not long before they complain about alliances, VS having it easy mode, etc.
  19. Dead soldier

2 days ago it was VS at scarred Mesa skydock and we couldn't even hold that with an ally platoon. that platoon was almost all of our pop.
  20. Ash87

Nerfing weapons in a faction to solve population issues, is not solving the population issues, that is punishing players loyal to one faction for nothing.

Likewise you can't give the VS something overpowered to draw in people

These don't Solve anything, it's simply a bandaid that peels easily when the flightier of people decide to move on. If the VS were to be given Orbital strike tomorrow, as a way to balance out pop, what happens when the VS were go get majority population and the NC were the least played faction? Does that mean, then the NC get some kind of OHK AV rail driver? Okay now the TR are low on Pop, does that mean they get a machine gun, that shoots smaller machine guns? It's a viscious cycle of escalation.

If done with nerfs it can be just as bad. So we nerf the fracture because the TR are imbalanced, everyone goes to the VS. Now there aren't enough NC, so we nerf the magrider. Now the TR are the minority, nerf the phoenix...

Nerfing or buffing one faction to try and encourage movement to another faction is ignoring the fact that people are so easily able to switch factions on the fly. There is still a large number of people who swap when whatever faction they are currently with, starts to have a disadvantage. Until the 4th faction issue is solved, nothing that is done to one faction or the other, to encourage people Staying in one faction per server, will solve Anything.

Also, as Waterson TR, it's kind of hard to "Show the VS some love" when the VS are actively teaming up with the NC to curb stomp us, what feels like, every weekend. What kind of positive reaction do you expect, when you are actively sending the message, that we are the most despised people on the server, and should be regarded as second class citizens simply because of some arbitrary faction choice?