Waterson is fun again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathTollDavid, Jul 15, 2013.

1. DeathTollDavid

The last five alerts I played on Waterson (that were not territory based) were all draws. Incredible.

I was even part of three territory based alerts over the weekend that ended in a draw.

Things are really starting to heat up on that server and it just got really fun. There were even people using the chat to CONGRATULATE the other side on the fight and not whine and moan.

If you play on Waterson - great job. Keep it coming. Good times.
    • Up x 2
  2. TheBillOf3D

VS are still scum in fancy pants.
    • Up x 2
  3. DeathTollDavid

Well that goes without saying.
  4. Casterbridge

Have to agree there were some excellent fights on Waterson yesterday from all sides.
    • Up x 1
  5. MasonSTL

I saw VS with 36% pop the other day :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. chrisbeebops

VS have been a whole lot more derpy than usual. That's what happens when you take 27% VS and add 9% BR1 lemmings to the mix. Should be sweet in a week or two as the new players become more experienced.
    • Up x 1
  7. Slyguy65

Ya, lol thats why i laugh at any organized force when you add MORE pop, they act like they are perfect. and others are bad.

I think TR on waterson are best faction on waterson, we have pop and get double teamed 24/7 and still manage hold our own or dominate.

NC matches are pop AND works with VS to take on TR and still fail, VS are less popped but think they are the best, but as you can tell once you add more pop to a small elite population, it doesn't mix together so smoothly.
  8. Ash87

Keep telling yourself that...

I've been waiting for that same derpyness to go out of the TR for the better part of 6 months now.

With great numbers, comes great idiocy.
    • Up x 5
  9. Paragus

My encounter with the TR from last night at Mani Biolab. Numbers don't seem to make up for brains all the time...

• Up x 1
  10. Badname82

Keep telling yourself that the NC and VS are working together on Waterson Slyguy.
    • Up x 3
  11. DeathTollDavid

No one is working together. Anyone with any intelligence can look at the map and see both sides are constantly fighting both factions on every alert. I didnt want this post to become that kind of thread, I was giving kudos where it was due.
    • Up x 2
  12. chrisbeebops

Hopefully the derpiest of the derps will switch to NC and TR like they always have! :eek:

VS have been holding their own in alerts even though they were the only faction to get a flood of BR1 derps this week, I think that says a lot. I agree with OP that all 3 factions seemed quite balanced this weekend. There is no best faction. TR aren't the best unless your sole criteria is ability to zerg a base with Prowlers. I must say NC & VS can't pull Prowlers like the TR. :p

TR doesn't get doubleteamed any more often than anyone else. Keep telling yourself that though if it makes you feel better when you lose. :)
  13. DeathTollDavid

Agreed. And I am TR.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jaeger TR player

I'll overlook the fact that, taken literally, only the TR can pull Prowlers, hence your statement is a given... and go on the basis that you meant MBT's:

If you were NC, I'd give you a bit of credit. I can't say that I've ever been harassed in an objective building or a spawn room by a swarm of Vanguards. Not to the extent that the TR and the VS do it. And yes, the VS do it. There's a point where more tanks don't make a difference. If you're being bombarded by 100 or 1000, you'll die just as fast regardless. Once you bring "too much" for your enemy to counter, it's a done deal. And the VS pass that "too much" point plenty. Harping on TR for doing it too is pure hypocrisy.

Considering how much QQ there is in forums about the Magrider being a POS, the VS sure like to use it a whole lot.

P.S. I play VS and TR. I don't notice one side having more tank spam than other.
  15. Slyguy65

My outfit is active 24/7 we see a lot of BS...we have seen NC and VS flat out ignore eachother NC usually ignores VS and just focuses on TR during alerts which leads to VS winning too many alerts.

NOT TO MENTION the fact that VS has capped and held indar twice in the past month...cause NC don't bother fighting them whatsoever. Every time TR caps it, it goes neutral in under a couple hours, yet when VS cap it, they can get away with holding it for a day or so. Cause NC is too busy just focusing on TR.

Whenever i see high VS pop and TR are trying to stop them....NC aren't even on the continent, and the few that are, are going around leeching kills from VS TR fights...they only focus on TR guys though when doing that...

Most are you guys speaking on watersons situation are probably non pre merge players.

Im a pre merge player, i played on waterson since december hence before the jaegar merge. During that time the NC and VS team up STRONGLY and OPENLY, against TR because we had crazy pop.

The mindset doesn't simply go away because of a merge.

The mindset on waterson is "screw TR" GRANTED NC and VS aren't BFF's all the time, but i have never, ever seen VS and NC fighting on one continent and with the amount of POP NC has had in the past 4 months, its odd to see them everywhere the VS isn't. Just saying they mutually hate TR but don't really hate eachother, That is how the TR get "double teamed"
    • Up x 1
  16. CaptainYamerica

I have seen a LOT of low (under BR15) VS around lately. I wonder if that is where our NC went or if they came from other servers, or are indeed new players. Probably a combination of the 3.
  17. CaptainYamerica

Quick... go outside and take some pictures of those black helicopters flying around your neighborhood. They probably have NC and VS logos on them!
    • Up x 2
  18. Collapse

Delusionalguy65
    • Up x 1
  19. TheBillOf3D

TR ran away crying from Amerish Sunday. NC and VS duked it out. NC won the alert. But your story is cute.
    • Up x 1
  20. chrisbeebops

Nope, NC is just lowest pop now because NC/TR pop hasn't changed and TR was usually ahead of NC. VS is the only faction gaining lots of new players (recommended faction), so we've passed NC bumping you guys into 3rd. Waterson is the only server recommended for VS in all of US (including US-West).

I was being sarcastic. :p

From my experience, TR have always been the ones pulling the most vehicles. Across all 3 continents TR generally have higher population and corresponding territory control. This means more players pulling vehicles, and each of those players has a higher passive resource income to pull vehicles again and again.

Also, the Magrider is definitely not a POS. To any VS wondering why I say this, I will just tell you to stop driving your Magrider like it is a Vanguard. :) Take advantage of terrain to go places your opponent cannot to flank them.