Waterson im so disappointed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by matt98, Feb 26, 2014.

1. JorgeSarcos

LOL People saying NC overpop is around 40%

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

And im pretty sure i saw +70% on an alert last night...
    • Up x 2
  2. Jachim

The OP was not looking at 'actual player count'. And yeah, it is a pretty brutal spike isn't it? You'll notice at the same the NC spiked, the TR spiked just less. The VS did lose some, but nowhere near as many as NC increased.

It's not 4th faction. I don't disagree there is a problem, but let's stop accusing the other sides here and focus on the real issue: NC is FOTM because of massive buffs recently. I can't say if fine tuning is needed or not, I think it should even itself over time though.
  3. doombro

Let them come. More certs for us! :cool:
  4. MorganM

I went and read the entire quote myself and it simply does not back your claims.

They clearly say it's an aggregated data analysis. So it's possible there are a couple servers out there that actually have a problem of 4th factioners that get washed out when you group all the numbers together. It's also over a 24 hour period; were talking about spcific 2 hour events that only happen during prime time. Again; pooling all the data together washes out these outlying events.

Also they CLEARLY say they haven't even looked at the data with regards to specific alert time frames.

Their statment has no backing to your claim... at all.
  5. MorganM

Not only switching to a single faction but then funneling into a small number of specific bases. Sometimes into one base if it's heavily contested; as your example on Hvar.
  6. MorganM

If you play weird times of the day they still do frequently. It's just not prime time or specifically prime time alerts. I saw TR at 40% global pop the other day. Too bad it was a time of day that it really didn't matter =P
  7. Moisture

I am not making a claim. I am suggesting the claim that the 4th faction is even really a thing is false. Or so close to it its meaningless.
    They found np evidence of sudden switching factions being a even rare occurrence, they mentioned people tending to change over the course of hours. please read it again
    1% is so infinitesimal its probably withing any reasonable margin of error. Even 5% (500 percent difference estimate) would perhaps get to significantly levels.
    If people did do this in large population swinging amounts they would have found ANY evidence.

the '4th faction' has at this point no proof of existing as of yet and evidence it in fact does not so I am skeptical it exists.
    • Up x 1
  8. Badname707

So while we're all here, let's talk about whether or not there is actually anything WE can do about it. The facts:

1. SOE can't do anything more to balance populations than they already are. All they can do is rebalance the game and change recommended servers. Any other change would either be too little, or would not work from a business and customer satisfaction standpoint. The best they could do is FOTM another faction, which will naturally piss off everyone else.

2. Whether or not there is a 4th faction is irrelevant (there isn't one), but the sides losing the alerts definitely seems to have a population drop. On the contrary, when there is no clear victor for the alert, there is no drop. Check out ps2alerts.com

3. Looking back at the pop data, (http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/...&zoom=3&daterange=1382183090954,1382787890954) pops began balancing out in early September, with NC taking a clear lead in late October. Surprisingly, total TR population seems not to have dropped significantly, though most clearly play less often. Does anybody know when the biggest nerfs hit?

4. At least one reason for the NC having good population is the good variety and interaction between NC outfits. We have a good mix of small and large outfits, and many if not most participate on command, at least occasionally. We do joint ops, have two outfit alliances (one for everyone and one for small only), and the leaders all know each other, for the most part. We talk far less **** about each other than we used to, and intentional TK's are actually pretty rare. How are things for the TR and VS as a faction right now?

Nobody likes overpop. There has to be something that can be done about it.
  9. daniel696

Yes, Waterson was the most balancad servers and now is one of the most horrible servers, thanks to the NC gangs and lazyness of SOE to make a balance patch, balanced. And not only "let's hear the NC, buff them, now we should nerf TR, but nerf them to the maximum, ah and also nerf everything".
    This is called incompetence and lazyness, lazyness of not using MATH to make the balance, lazyness of not searching and testing the nerfs and buffs, lazyness of not looking and listening to the community from BOTH sides.

Thanks to the NC gangs.
  10. Moisture

What I would like to see is trends of long term players.
    How many characters does the average Br 50+ player have? How often does he sway from his primary? proportions of time spent among secondary characters? Is it common to entirely change primary characters?
    Its been 5 months since TR overpop roughly. How has their long term players been effected? Are they even still around?

I would love to see something to this effect, Its hard to really saw why this is happening with no infomation.
  11. NoInstructions

The reason why NC wins alerts is because they are more organized. I have seen VS lose many alerts due to just not moving fast enough or downright refusing to focus on defense. Sure they have the pop and have a good recent history of winning alerts, this causes a lot of TR and VS to not participate in alerts and farm WDS instead where most NC focus on the alert because they are used to winning at this point.
  12. Maelthra

Oh, yea, it really is all because of their organization. It has nothing to do with anything else. It's not like having 43% world pop (which they do right now during an alert) helps them out or anything.
  13. Moisture

Nope, its pretty much the grand council of Phoenix Company coming up with massively complex strategy's resulting in flawless victory's taking no advantage of population at any time.
  14. EmmettLBrown

It's nicer than saying we're beating the enemy with a bunch of idiots.
  15. hawken is better

Waterson was never balanced to begin with, but the VS were the ones that really suffered. Even during the height of TR overpop, the NC was always within about 5% of them, while the VS sat around 20ish percent.

Roll with it.
  16. NoInstructions

Keep saying that to yourself when they win single continent capture alerts and VS has a queue in prmetime. It's as if everyone is blind to the fact that they mostly win in those circumstances as well.
  17. Wobberjockey

Quality, not quantity
    should be the waterson VS motto.

though i think right now it's BOHICA
  18. Badname707

Thanks, it's really nice hearing some acknowledgement from the other side. We hate the overpop too, because we actually spent a lot of time getting our **** together.

Say what you want about an individual outfit, but the whole faction will strategize over command on a nightly basis, and half the time we just exploit the VS and TR getting seriously bogged down somewhere. If we're getting pressed by both factions, we find a couple defensible locations to hold out at, and wait for you guys to get bored and start fighting each other. Yes, the NC is actually decently organized. Why isn't anyone doing the same for VS and TR?
  19. amillionslain

I hat playing water son nc because of overpop and also the fact that most outfits I join are led by freakin idiots who love to say if you don't like it then just leave. These are the wads that wanna go fight the under popped TR to stroke the epeens and to not admit they can actually be wrong about things (read PHX platoons always has idiot squad and platoon leads with no common sense).
  20. matt98

Once again today ... same thing Pop at start was semi even with nc having there usual 5-10% advantage. near end of alert there pop was over 50% vanu 23% tr 26%. Once again seems highly odd that vs and tr pop droped that much nc jumped. I know some is people leaving after being disgusted but some are definately switching to. Either way the trend continues that NC can muster 50% world pop during an alert ending is ruining this game more and more for the server.