Watchman

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AISkander, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Campagne

Not of of them. ;)

That's probably because most of them can't 3HSK at any range. Gladius just has the "luxury" of starting a little higher in damage. However, if you had ever used the Gladius one in your entire life you would know out to 22m headshots would not be consistent at all given the laughable inaccuracy, and you would also know the recoil isn't favourable in the least.

But regardless, do try to keep to the topic. The Gladius was nerf'd because of its total DPM, nothing was said or done about damage or range.

The developers said absolutely nothing about the Gladius' damage, just that the damage per magazine was a little too high compared to the other two NC SMGs. I quote, "this weapon was mostly where we wanted it to be, but needed a bit of tuning in the damage per magazine department." --GU2/8 patch notes.

I suppose that might be considered a strength of the Gladius, but it's a pretty big "if" given it relies on near-perfect accuracy to deliver the higher DPM.

Also, it has sh-t for all in terms of versatility. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Prudentia

THATS BECAUSE THATS THE GLADIUS STRENGTH! THE **** IT IS DESIGNED FOR! IT JUST HAD TOO HIGH DPM WHICH MADE IT TOO VERSATILE
    seriously how can you be so dense to not understand that if a weapon performs as designed in it's intended role but is too strong outside of it too you don't nerf it in it's intended role, but where it's unintended offstrengths
  3. Campagne

A weapon with a small magazine, long range damage profile, and absolutely no range was versatile because it had an upper-mid-range DPM potential? Yet you call me dense.

No, it's core strength is and was a 200/522 damage model; The highest RoF on the 200 model. It pays handsomely for this DPS increase.

Even before the nerf both the Blitz and Cyclone with extended mags had a higher DPM than the Gladius, which of course has the option to lower its magazine even further.

And allow me to reiterate by saying the only way to achieve a weapon's maximum damage per magazine the user must have perfect accuracy, while the Gladius is the most inaccurate infantry primary in the game.

And because I'm sure you'll say "0.35 is better than 0.4" in all caps, remember that the Gladius has 0.35 for every ADS value, while it also has the ludicrous bloom of 0.07 per shot.
    • Up x 1
  4. AISkander

Sorry guys but this is a Watchman Thread. There are plenty of gladius one open