Wasnt better to just give galaxy AMS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innersphere1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. innersphere1

I mean this change looks too ridicolous for me, now air will be unplayable again.. all looking for galaxies in the air with a skyguard, lock ons, bursters, turrets... even more then before. Yes there are libs and esfs too in the air and they will have the hardest time of all the times. Why u dont think before acting?
    Just give those galaxies an AMS like the sunderer, like this to spawn people your galaxy have to be on the ground, being more vulnerable than a sunderer because its size. But in returns u can fly away, or fly in.
    All balanced
    ITS SOO EASY even my 3 yrs old child will understand this.
    But no, lets be able to spawn on vehicles on the fly so we can f**** the system
    -.-
  2. Ronin Oni

NO because AMS is FACTION WIDE.

SQUAD spawning is a VERY limiting factor compared to faction wide AMS.

You play beta? You ever see what happened when Gals landed on the biolab landing pads and deployed as AMS?

Or on cliffs overlooking a base/field?

Trust me, this is far Far FAR better.
    • Up x 6
  3. Calisai

Even with all the tricks that people think they'll be able to do (change squad ownership of vehicle to get other squads in place)... it still limits the Gal to spawning only up to 11 people at a single instance. (each switch of ownership takes time, etc).

The AMS feature can spawn 50+ almost instantaneously if timed right.

They had G-AMS's in beta... it didn't work out very well. Of course this was also paired with the Hex system and was horrible in combination with it. No front lines, battles would spring up inconsistently and vanish just as fast. Was impossible to predict. You spent the majority of the time running around chasing fights rather than fighting in them.

I imagine they are going to end up limiting the spawning in vehicles eventually. Increasing the timer, restricting ownership of the vehicle, using no-deploy zones... who knows what will be needed, but it'll probably be nerfed in a week or two.
  4. Klatschnudel

I found this to be pretty cool in the beta but in the long run it "can" ruin fights. Ppl parked their galaxies on a good position and huge waves of players came out of it. But it created good fights for strategic positions like tech plants since you can fight on top of it and it made your platoon very mobile.
  5. innersphere1

Yes i played beta and dont forget now there is Lattice and no deploy zones, then having a ams gal could not spawn ppl on a enemy's landing pad. So i dont see the problem. Like this it will be just like a sunderer
  6. Phyr

Basically, I wont be spawning from a galaxy, which makes it balanced (we think).
  7. Frozen

1. As Ronin says it's limited by the squad mechanic.
    2. How will having more things in the air ruin the air game? Particularly because if the galaxy is flying higher to reduce ground fire any ESF's trying to intercept it will also be safer from flak. If I could fly an ESF I'd be drooling at the increased targets in the sky.
    3. If your base is sufficiently under siege that you can't get a single skyguard/burster Max or a handful of Heavies into the floor your sufficiently under siege where you'd be ringed by AMS equipped Sundies before.
    4. If a floating Galaxy is gunned, keep in mind that it will reduce the squad strength significantly. 12 man squads, if 5 are in the galaxy full time then only 7 can use it as a beacon not 11. Granted a very well organized platoon could twist those numbers but fully gunned galaxies won't be common.
  8. Ronin Oni

#4 Personally I'll only keep 1-2 squad mates on the guns. Any more is kinda wasted TBH.

That's still up to 25% of our squad strength... though they will be on Mortars most the time :p

And I'll prolly just keep 1 in on 1 mortar unless there's enemy air that I need the 2 AA guns manned for. (Actually, at present I only have top walker and 1 mortar... though I'll be upgrading it the rest of the way now that there's a real reason to keep a Gal up)
  9. Ronin Oni

Ownership is who BOUGHT it.

You can open it up to platoon to let someone else fly it but it still belongs to the buyers squad.

Only way to transfer Ownership is to unlock it and warp to another continent or to buy another vehicle, then next person in pilot seat owns it.
  10. Ronin Oni

Tech plant's a good example.

Faction spawning on top of a tech plant is about as bad as a sunderer in the garage but 50x easier to get into place

Biolab and tech plant no-deploy zones don't cover these spots. And WON'T because getting a sunderer on the ground below them (Tach plant garage, or landing pad lifts) are part of intentional design.
  11. innersphere1

I told you how. Think on it please , people will play MUCH more g2a looking for those gals, if they dont see a gal there are always libs and esf . Im not a perma esf player but sometimes i like to take them, those lock ons and others ground AA were already too much boring.. what will be now? People just camping waiting for air to make certs..
    I understand your logic of more targets in the air, but what is 1 more galaxy near you..compared to 20 more people at the ground with anti air ???
  12. innersphere1

any decent developer can make a no deploy zone for gals on those pads or elsewhere
  13. Phyr

People staring at the sky are really easy to shoot in the face.

Just sayin...
  14. Calisai

For tactically minded people, that 1 more galaxy in the air will be primary target, which means ESFs will become secondary targets. The truth is we really don't know how things are going to play out. Hell, we won't even know the first weekend how things will settle down. People are going to be pulling Galaxies like crazy for the next few days and thus, AA will be pulled like crazy. Once everyone has a chance to settle down and figure out how things work, it'll get better. Honestly, AA is boring, so yea... they might pull it to scare off air, but they'll generally get bored pretty quick. (Unless they are performing an AA nest op or something)
  15. innersphere1

Well you are right, lets see what happens im still downloading the patch..honestly i liked too much the ams gal back in the days and i want it back, nerfed why not , i know it was something too powerful but again now we have lattice, now you know when one would drop and you will see it fast enough to counter it
  16. Hatesphere

I have a feeling that your average zerg will now consist of gals dumping a constant rain of baddies from flight ceiling while ESFs rack up the gal kills. I really see nothing wrong with this. it means people in pub squads can now have that sort of random base spawn they always wanted, and good squads will now be extremely annoying to dislodge.
  17. Calisai

Meh.. average zerg? Having a dedicated gal pilot for each 11 person squad (pilot is #12)? Yea, there will be a constant sprinkle of baddies... one at a time... landing in the open to be torn apart by the ground forces, all while the Gal is getting torn into by a burster and a few Heavies with AA... That or you see the droppers coming from max height, giving enough time to shoot them on the way down.

The zerg isn't what you'll need to be careful of with this system... It's the coordinated outfit platoon. They will hit ya... get entrenched and use the gals to constantly reinforce when their cache of medics is depleted on the ground. That's the worry you'll need.

The average zerg will spawn at the closest ams and zombie run towards gunfire and the point like normal.
  18. Hatesphere

that's my point. the average zerg pug is going to be a raining cert farm, the good squad is going to be more annoying then usual.
  19. Tar

you can use 1 gal for the whole platoon, obviously. Why is everyone talking about changing ownership?
  20. Calisai

I thought it was only squad spawning? Is it full platoon spawning? If it's platoon, that's would be the end of needing multiple gals to shuttle around platoons. (beyond the fact of having backup spawns for when the gal goes down)