Was working fine, then suddenly broke

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BreakfastClub, Jan 12, 2013.

1. BreakfastClub

Hey, I have been playing Planetside 2 since Closed Beta for it, and since then I have been running everything on the highest settings with little to know performance issues. Then tonight all the sudden the framerate just tanked out of nowhere. and it doesn't matter how populated the zone is, the framerate is like locked at 20, and then tanks even more when I go into a battle, making it un-playable.

I love the game, and have had great fun with it, but now that this has happened I literally can't play it. I'm trying everything I can, and I'm not messing with my graphics settings because that's obviously not the issue, seeing as it was running fine at all high settings. I didn't have anything running in the background or anything behind it except google chrome (which I normally have open in the background anyway), so I don't know what could have caused this sudden drop in performance. I also have closed and restarted the program at least 3 times to try and see if it would fix itself, but nothing. I'm kind of out of ideas and have resorted to cleaning my system now and checking for anything that is running that shouldn't be.
  2. Sliced

Do you run Symantec End point?
  3. WarHammer LLTS

Iv had the same problem. It ran perfect for me since beta and now since the last couple of patches I have a horrible on then off frame rate, map flickering, and rendering issues.