Warpgate rotation anounced in GU04?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Achmed20, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Achmed20

Its listed in the Patchnotes under the VR Trainingroom section (last point).
    so is it a typo or do we realy get another WG rotation?
  2. KAHR-Alpha

It had been announced a long time ago actually, so no it's most likely not a typo.
    • Up x 2
  3. Arquin

Yes we do. Enjoy the savannah.
  4. Achmed20

i like! TR probably wont ^^
    • Up x 1
  5. Morpholine

The notes clearly have some formatting issues.
  6. WyIdfyre

I don't understand. How would this work exactly?
  7. Amanirism

The warpgates should be (according to their plan they mentionined some time ago) rotated monthly, meaning that right now VS is on the southeast corner of Indar and will move to the north, NC to the southwest and TR to the southeast. This cycle will repeat every month. (I think before GU2 or so the VS was in the southwest, for instance)
  8. DankFist

Simple. we pack up and move to the next warpgate...

And as far as the new TR location, I don't mind. I always liked racing through the cliffs in an ESF. Good maneuvering practice.
  9. tastyBerryPunch

Canyons are awesome and I miss Zurvan soo much.
  10. Achmed20

as VS your warpgate will now be in the north of indar, NC sitting southwest, TR gets the fun gate to the southeast
  11. Morpholine

I suppose we'll really see if the biggest cause of our population issues was warpgate placement.
    • Up x 2
  12. Wintermaulz

The canyons are awesome, great for manuverability practicing in ESF, cool geography, and great practice to bulls eye womp rats, errr NC, in my T-16
    • Up x 2
  13. RadarX

That's a formatting typo and my bad. Yes the warpgates are rotating.
    • Up x 3
  14. WyIdfyre

Oh, I see. I thought it was real time or periodically or something. Thanks for filling me in.
  15. Beartornado

Finally, we get to see the grassy side of Indar. Wonder if VS will become the new dominant force on Indar. If it starts presenting a pattern then the Northern Warpgate may need some changes if the faction posted there consistently does better than the other two.
  16. XRIST0

I predict vanu having 45% population for the next month .
  17. Izriul

Strangely, I've never wanted to go to the north.

I know it's deemed the best location, but for me, it's too far away from X-roads, which is my home location.

Well, that and the crown are pretty much the only location on my server. I did like VS's original starting area as I could just grab a tank and zoom off. Only just got use to the current one :(
  18. CptFirelord

Yeah, that's the reaction us TR had. It's really a nice view, easy to defend if you have a competent group (which the NC usually does). It'll be interesting to fly out from the protection of crevices for the TR..
  19. Morpholine

It's purely psychological. The North half of Indar (using the "traditional" borders) has about the same number of facilities and resources as the two Southern corners, but it takes up twice as much acreage, visually. So if the factions are balanced out and fighting along the natural borders on Indar, a glance at the map makes it look like whomever has the North warpgate is winning.
    • Up x 1
  20. PsychoBat

I'm really interested in getting the SE warpgate on indar. Should be a bit more challenging then before.
    • Up x 2