Warden battlefield

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by R3volutionist, Nov 23, 2012.

1. R3volutionist

Anyone use this yet? Any thoughts? I've been using the em6 and I love it, very versatile weapon. I got the jackhammer because I figure it sucks now for anything other than tower fights and it'll only get buffed.

Edit: title should be Warden Battlerifle, my iPhone auto corrected it to battlefield
  2. Jarek

I am not a fan. I made the mistake of buying without trying it via trials (didn't realize trials were a thing at the time). I wanted a good long range weapon, and while the Warden is ok at long ranges, I find it pretty worthless at any other range, and a GD-22 is just as effective at long ranges while being far more useful at short range.

At the very least I'd recommend trialing it first.
  3. Romalic

the battle rifles fill a very limited role in your arsenal, i play an engineer and they are great at short range as long as you get the drop on someone, they excell at medium range with a decent scope( scopes from x1 reflex to x6) its an accurate weapon with decent stopping power, has a 20 magazine and you carry 100 more ammo, ive tried all three empires battle rifles and they are almost exactly the same, barring the empire specific benefits/flaws
    • Up x 1
  4. R3volutionist

Yeah I bought it earlier because I had a ton of extra station cash and I figured a long range rifle would come in handy for my heavy assault and I didn't get a chance to try it before work. So like maybe a 3.4x scope would be good for it?
  5. vecdran

You all are nuts. This rifle just has a learning curve. It's vicious an medium range, can be employed effectively at long range if you know what you are doing, and still performs acceptably in CQB.

If you used the M417 in BF3 with a red dot, this rifle will be a natural for you.
  6. Jokka

Which one is the vanu battle rifle?
  7. R3volutionist

After playing with this gun last night I can tell you that even being new to the weapon I was pretty beast at mid range and even in cqb. This gun has insane stopping power and a couple hits will kill just about anyone. At long range it was kind of difficult because of the recoil, but maybe a grip will fix that. I don't know if I like it more than my em6 yet but this weapon was really fun to play with. I just threw on a 2x reflex and was good to go.
  8. Jarek

Glad people are getting good use out of the Warden - I might go back and try to use it again. I just couldn't seem to utilize it correctly myself to get better mileage out of it than the SAW or GD at any range on the first go around.
  9. R3volutionist

Yeah it's a fun weapon, I think maybe the 3.4x or 4x scope may help more for the long range to compensate for recoil. I still feel conflicted choosing it over my em6 because I'm better with it but there's something about the the warden that's pretty fun
  10. tralalog

i got it yesterday and so far i like it. i have the reflex sights and will get the laser sight for cq gunning soon
  11. Incarnadine

Medium it's good, but long range with a 3.4 I kept finding myself not liking it... a gun that fires faster makes your target flinch more, meaning they get less accurate shots out. Mid range it owns, but close it's meh, long it's meh. Least imo