Want reimbursement? Read.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MNO, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNO

1. You're not getting reimbursed.

2. Balance is constant, if you bought an item thinking there was zero chance of it ever being changed you're a fool.

3. Ingame purchases do not fall under the Sales of Goods Act. The goods you bought were the SC, the items you bought with the SC don't fall under the legal term of "Goods", digital or otherwise.

4. SOE shouldn't reimburse all your SC so you can go and use it on another character the same server as your friends. Your fault.

5. You're a grown man/woman, you should know what you're buying and the potential consequences down the road of the item you buy, micro-transactions 101.

6. PS2 customer support is frankly awesome, if you ask nicely, they DO sometimes offer small refunds on items you don't like/bought too hastily, even though they have ZERO OBLIGATION to, that's above and beyond the level of most customer service, stop sounding entitled.

7. Screaming "I'm going to take you to court" will just result in people laughing at you and your thread being locked.

8. This game is far from perfect, and I'm no fanboy, but this **** needs to be said because you people that are spamming more threads about this are plain delusional.

Please god let this be the last thread ever made on this subject.

edit: As some people find it hard understand this frankly, very intellectual post, I'll help you out and put it into shorthand.

ADULT? VIDEO GAMES? LASER NERF? MAD? LOL.
    • Up x 8
  2. DeadlyShoe

digital currency is a promise to provide goods and services as described in the shop.

ie they are gift certificates.

Skype tried to pretend Skype Credit didn't fall afoul of gift certificate laws, then they lost a class action lawsuit.

or at least that is my opinion.

there's a reason lawyers have to go to law school and pass bar exams before they can legally offer legal advice. Everyone who is not a lawyer educated in the field of digital law should stop making authoritative statements about station cash either way.
    • Up x 8
  3. Xae

Really the best argument is that people need to stop being whiny ******* and move on.

I dropped a ton of Smed bux on things that are going to get nerfed. I'm not happy about it, but really most of them deserved to be nerfed.

A big part of being an adult is realizing that everything little thing isn't worth fighting over. And that every thing that doesn't go your way isn't the end of the world. All of this howling for refunds is just sickeningly immature.
  4. Imperium Assault

Says the fellow who bought something hastily

This is but legal trickery, and part of the decline of society
  5. Xae

You heard it here first folks.

Nerfs in Internet Laser Pew Pew game part of the decline of society.
  6. Sith

I hold firm with my stand on free will, and won't make this happen for you.
  7. LittleBlackRainCloud

pointless troll thread.
  8. MNO

Nah I just didn't like the weapon and barely used it. I asked nicely and they obliged. I didn't feel entitled, it was a longshot but they did it anyway, even if they hadn't I wouldn't be running to the forums crying about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
  9. Kenny007

While I agree with the thread, there was no need to create a new thread when the very thread this one is referencing is still on the front page.

So many useless threads get created on these forums...
  10. MNO

Fire with fire.
  11. Steppa

Wrong. Widespread participation in Laser Pew Pew in the first place is part. Nerfs are just an aspect of that.
  12. D0n

Haha, so many people have tried that EULA when it only serves as toilet paper in a court of law.

Be wise SOE start refunding those costs at in the very least a certification form, God knows you don't want the grown ups to start taking action.
  13. MNO

Good luck with that. Go look at civil suites against Blizzard or SOE in the past. "Toilet paper in the court of law" - yea, contracts mean nothing.

Thanks for the laugh.
  14. Garrix

The actual grownups couldn't care less about the change, because they accept responsibility for their actions and realize that things change in online games.

Let's look at this differently.
    I bought a book. A new version of that book came out. I AM ENTITLED TO THAT VERSION OF THIS BOOK. IT UPDATED. IT HAS MORE/LESS/DIFFERENT CONTENT. GIVE ME THAT CHANGED BOOK FOR FREE OR FACE THE WRATH OF MY POORLY EDUMACATED FAKE LAWYER!
    • Up x 1
  15. D0n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-user_license_agreement

The enforceability of an EULA depends on several factors, one of them being the court in which the case is heard. Some courts that have addressed the validity of the shrinkwrap license agreements have found some EULAs to be invalid, characterizing them as contracts of adhesion, unconscionable, and/or unacceptable pursuant to the U.C.C.—see, for instance, Step-Saver Data Systems, Inc. v. Wyse Technology,[2] Vault Corp. v. Quaid Software Ltd..[3] Other courts have determined that the shrinkwrap license agreement is valid and enforceable: see ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg,[4] Microsoft v. Harmony Computers,[5] Novell v. Network Trade Center,[6] and Ariz. Cartridge Remanufacturers ***'n v. Lexmark Int'l, Inc.[7] may have some bearing as well. No court has ruled on the validity of EULAs generally; decisions are limited to particular provisions and terms.

Laugh harder.
    • Up x 1
  16. MNO

Still laughing all the way to the bank.

Good luck getting any judge in the world to say "You're right, that rocket launcher said it had dumbfire too. Give him back his SC."

Then you'll be crying all the way to the bank to pay off your costs.

Still laughing.
  17. Deavonere

Fine.

I may be a fool, but I can see the difference between balance changes and changes made to get my money. Removing dumbfire from lock-on launchers was uncalled for. Nobody wanted it and there was zero feedback for this change. It was made ONLY because Decimator will be introduced. For many reasons lock-on launchers were already weak and right now they will be close to useless.

I don't care. It's called unethical business practices. I'm sure they are backed up by some serious laws and I won't get any refund, but at the same time they've just lost future income from me.
    I'm not going to request a refund, it's pointless. I'm just going to play for a while and then move on to other games. I was thinking about spending more money, but they've lost me as a client.
    Yes, I'm. I'm over 30 years old. I've been doing some business in my life and there is always a matter of trust between business partners. They've just lost me as a partner/client, because I dont trust them anymore.
    So I should be gratefull because IF I'm nice they will give me back my money they tricked me to spent on now-worthless items ? Brilliant !
    I'm not going to take them to court, I'll just let them fail slowly. I may be just one person, but I'm not the only one that is dissapointed by that decision. Bad reviews tend to be more influencial than good ones (Go and see diablo III metacritic reviews if you haven't seen them yet).
    It is far from being perfect and I'm afraid you just sound like a fanboy. There is no reason to support bad decisions and that decision was uncalled for and simply money-grabbing bad.
    • Up x 3
  18. MNO

No one tricked you. You bought an anti-air rocket launcher primarily. That's what you got, because the changed aspects of it doesn't make it no longer fit for purpose.

You say they've lost you as a customer, that's fine, for every customer they "lose" there'll be another 10 or 20 that are willing to carry on spending even though they also bought the launcher. If you worked in business you know that despite your efforts it's impossible to please everyone.

PS2 is getting rave reviews actually.

It's not unethical, it's how microtransactions work for this purpose exactly. The fact you didn't know WHAT you were buying (the SC, not the ingame items with real money) just means you're naive.

I sir, shall take your place, and spend money in your steed.
  19. LittleBlackRainCloud

"I may be a fool, but I can see the difference between balance changes and changes made to get my money. Removing dumbfire from lock-on launchers was uncalled for. Nobody wanted it and there was zero feedback for this change. It was made ONLY because Decimator will be introduced. For many reasons lock-on launchers were already weak and right now they will be close to useless."

This~
  20. Imperium Assault

Considering that we paid real money, of course it is
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.