VX6-7 vs Serpent

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Soylent, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Soylent

Looking for feedback regarding these 2 guns.

I'm looking into buying myself a CQC hipfire gun and those two come with the advanced laser sight. The stats on both are similar besides the VX6-7 firing slower but having faster reload.

Anyone having experience with both? Is one different than the other in any meaningful way? Less recoil or such?
  2. Jaggedmallard26

Personally the higher reload time kind of kills the serpent as a CQC gun as in CQC having a slow reload is a death sentence. Look what happened to the FAMAS in BF3 after they made the reload the same as an LMG.
  3. Krona

I've got both, I use the serpent.

The extra RoF just makes it hilariously good, it's probably the best carbine in the game. The increased reload time is kinda crappy, but you can get used to it pretty easily, At least for LA.

The cone is the same between the two guns for both levels of laser sight. Both are insanely good at hipfire.

Also, it's teal! It's the only gun I don't use camo on.
  4. tugernut

i have both , i prefer the vx67
    why you ask?
    b/c the serpant pulls to the left , where every other gun pulls to the right
    muscle memory is a huge factor!
  5. Chrysalis

Reloading at all in an area of extreme unsafety is a death sentence and usually the .3 seconds saved aren't going to save you. Your best bet for reloading is still putting corners between you and potential death.
  6. Swiffle

Wasnt sure on this choice either, ended up going with the serpent because it recoils the same up-left that the gd-7f does. the reload time is awful, I might switch to the VX6-7 if I feel like buying it or it goes on sale soon.
  7. Erendil

I responded to u last night over in the "VS Enginer Weapon of Choice" thread, so I'll just cut-n-paste my response here:

As for the Serpent vs VX6-7, I have both weapons decked out. The VX6-7 is a little harder to control since it has a higher vertical recoil. Accuracy beyond 60m or so starts to get a bit iffy, whereas I can get similar accuracy from a Serpent out to around 80-90m. However, the VX's hipfire CoF is slightly tighter than the Serpent at all Laser Sight levels (no sight/lvl1/lvl2). The difference is very minor tho and I've never found the Serpent lacking in this area. But the Serpent's long reload time has gotten me killed a few times in CQC where I know I would've survived if I'd used the VX.

I should also mention that the foregrip does a good job of taming the pull to the right on the VX and the pull to the left on the Serpent. Although it's better controlled on the Serpent. But then I use the L2 Laser sight on the VX anyway so I don't care about its foregrip performance. :cool:

In short, I use the VX for up-close work and most of the time when in a Bio Dome. I'll switch to the Serpent (or sometimes the Solstice) if I'm going to be outside and expect longer range firefights since I find it to be a bit more versatile than the more CQC-centric VX.
  8. Veri

I have not tried the Serpent but I do use the VX6-7.
    I am generally a heavy at this carbine shines when it comes to CQC hipfiring.

As mentioned already it does have recoil and is pretty bad at long distance.
  9. Krona

The serpent is better in point blank purely because of the superior RoF. However the slower reload and identical attachments make the VX a more attractive gun to some.

Basically, for LA where you can escape easily off of ledges and such to reload, I find the serpent superior as its only downside becomes non-existent, for an engie I think the VX is a bit better.
  10. Corezer

with the vx you can be like stick, move, stick, move. with the serpent you can be like stick, move... stick, move...

the long reload makes it inferior for my prefered play style.
  11. Albatross039

I use Serpent all the time and the longer i use, the bigger fan i become. The reload time is never an issue for me as in face to face combat , you don't reload, you either switch to pistol to kill or run away once your first carbine magazine gone. Find yourself a hidden place for reload and shield recharge afterwards. The whole idea of this gun (higher dps with longer recovery) match the concept of a light assault, u attack from surprise, input maximum damage (shot down 2-3 infantries) and run away. Not to mention the gun has a cool color too :)