VX6-7 seems lacking for CQC...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Nathanielx, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HerpTheDerp

There is no methodology and there is no testing. It's in-game data. It's the numbers the game itself uses when you play.
  2. Boron

How do you mean? Since its a VS weapon its surely more accurate but the GD-7F is tied for lowest ttk due to its RoF. If you were comparing it to the serpent I would agree completely as in the end it is a GD with lower recoil.... kind of OP.
  3. ChironV

Firing from the hip. The VX6-7 is designed for this in mind. I use it, or my automatic shotgun, in close quarters. IE: tower battles.
    When playing LA Take every advantage of the "Z-factor" indoors. Namely jumping around their heads. The VX6-7 with its laser rail fully certed pulls the CoF really tight. Having a tight CoF while jetting is the difference between winning and being dead.
  4. Opapanax

I used VX6 with the Soft Point and I actually prefered it with that. It's a really solid weapon, hip firing in close range has good accuracy and a good rof.. damage is good too..

I recently switched over to the Serpent and it's really nice.. However I certed Soft Point ammo with this and found that it actually gimped this weapon more than helped so I can see where people would get the same feeling about the VX6 also..

Serpent with my Foward grip and flash surpressor is pure joy tho.. Once you get used to timing your reloads you off and running..

The VX6 is a little more forgiving on the reload but doesn't pack quite as much punch when compared to the Serpent..

Both good weapon choices tho
  5. Krrr8or

I have a feeling you have not used both guns or had a look at the weapon stats pulled from the game. If you had taken the time to do either you would know the GD when compared to the VX is garbage and worse in every way. It is bad up close and only gets worse and worse the farther you get away from the target. Basically I was saying the VX is the most OP gun in the gun with the lowest time to kill the only issue will be the small clip size for engagement of multiple targets.
  6. Sharmanti

VX6-7 is the best LA weapon in the game. Please, it only requires you to aim at the target and pull the trigger. And poof, target gone in less than half a second.

Oh yeah, there's one downside, it doesn't spray all over teh room in full auto so you'll have to aim at the target
  7. Boron

No I've used the VX and looked at the stats. It quite clearly doesn't have the lowest ttk in the game, but its very accurate. vx-67 does 143 damage per shot at close range and fires 800 rpm. GD-7F, Serpent and Cycler TRV do 143 damage per shot at close range and fire 845 rpm. I'm not saying the vx is under powered, it and all other 800+ rpm guns are actually OP, but now that I have the serpent I never use it.
  8. Trysaeder

I can't see how a LA could stand using the Serpent with the VS' meager damage per mag. Even with 8 mags, I run out of ammo before running out of health often enough to switch to the Pulsar C, which has less DPS and doesn't spit out bullets as quickly, but lasts much longer.
  9. Krona

Only 2 carbines in the game have a TTK under half a second, they are the GD-7F and the Serpent.
  10. Sharmanti

And that's why you aim at their head and not their legs
    • Up x 1
  11. Krona

This is irrelevant, as you will still kill them faster with the Serpent or the GD-7F, TR on the other hand lack a 845 RPM carbine, but get an 845 RPM AR, with the Cycler TRV.
  12. dinklyink

I have been trawling through the forums here and researching which carbine I should get on Google. I recently got the vx6-7 but wasn't too impressed with it, however, having read again and again that it needs the ALS I earned, and spent 200 cert points to get it. I registered in these forums just to post here: boy is this gun a BEAST!! I can drop enemies before they have even lined me up in their sites, and it fires so quickly that a short burst means I am ten bullets lighter and dropped an enemy (I play light assault).

For any one else reading these forums trying to decide what carbine they want to get for their light assault class then look no further. Get the vx6-7 without hesitation and go balls out and use 200 certs to get the advanced laser site, that makes it something special.

While I am talking about my preferred weapons I'd just like to add that I run with the Nova shotgun on my engineer class. I don't know why but it works really really well for me. I once spawned as an engineer with the nova by mistaken (instead if vx6 LA) and got a tidy 8 kills in an epic firefight at a biolab.
  13. sheldor187

Go and watch levelcap's review.