VX29 Polaris

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by AirpainFood, Oct 30, 2015.

1. AirpainFood

There is a surprising lack of threads on this weapon, (In fact, I couldn't find any at all)

I was originally going to get the SVA-88. I played with it and all the other guns, and it just felt right to me. I could never get a grip on the Orion. But after it got nerfed a few days ago, it doesn't feel the same. So I tried all the guns again.

Then I realized, I never tried the Polaris.

This gun has to be the best gun I have ever used, on any faction. I won't go into details, but how do you feel about this gun? Let me know :3
    • Up x 1
  2. _itg

The Polaris (and the NC/TR copies of this gun, the EM1 and Rhino respectively) just got buffed quite a bit, so you picked a good time to try it. These guns now have a 20m max damage range (25m with SPA), which is quite a bit longer than normal. Along with their low recoil, they're now a really interesting mid-range choice. Haven't had the chance to try them personally, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
  3. Akashar

4. Eternaloptimist

I think it is a great, all-round consistent weapon with a good range of attachments. I had more trouble with VS than other factions in finding a gun that worked decently at different ranges (no reason why that I know of, I just did). I suspect just about every VS weapon has some trait that outperforms the Polaris but for general purposes the Polaris is perfect for me.

I guess it doesn't get talked about a lot because people don't think to use it............I didn't until I was bored one day with lack of desirable fights so I went to VR training and I was trying out the weapons I've never used.
  5. Tetele

How is the EM1???? Im making a thread questioning about it. It cost less certs than the other LMGs but people are much dissapointed with that LMG. Im planning to build it on Ps4 version of PS2.
  6. SgtBeta

Close combat, with laser.
    It is a good LMG, those who complain just dn't know how to use it.It can be used for medium -> long range when you get used to it.:)
  7. Plastikfrosch

its not a bad gun, but it does not feel like a NC gun. it does not feel like throwing elephants (gauss saw) or at least little hippos at the enemy. its more like throwing a lot of squirrels. yes they are aggressive and do the job good but it does not feel right. when i play NC i want to play hard hitting weapons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tetele

Elephants,hippos and squirrels,this is not PS2 this is Zoo Tycoon xD Btw the other choice is the Gauss SAW S,burst fires can be good. Btw the reload time and the magazine is better on EM1,still need a buff urgently.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tetele

I've seen a video of a guy using it very well and he survive next to a base and enemy TR sundie with waves of enemyes coming. Dunno where is the video but the guy shows how to use it good.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tetele

Othoer choice that in other forum a player recommend me is to put a SMG for HA.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tetele

I find it,here is the video,im not lieing:

Sorry im making offtopic.